Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Safc 2 Na Points

Old 04-18-2007, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running my 660cc injectors with my SAFC and will be tuning it shortly. I havent run it yet but before i do i want to have as close as i need it, so if you have an SAFC2 installed in your tiburon, please post me your NA points and what injectors you are runnig. Also, please give me suggestions. Again, i apreciate all your guys' help.
-Adam
Old 04-19-2007, 06:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Well, if you read up on the SAFC, then you'd know that you can only go to twice the size of the stock injectors.
Stock = 245cc
largest you can get = 490cc

So your 660's won't work.

And if you're planning to use this on a turbo setup, then you're gonna lean out your motor.

Read the stickies.

Also, please fill out your profile to include your location.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:42 AM

we have these hooked up to half a dozen dsms with ijectors ranging from 550-1000 and the safc is fine for them. you must be mistaken about that double size. i live in marshfield wi, i used to have that on my profile, i dunno why that isnt there anymore. and why would i lean out my motor with an safc? this is designed not to do that.

my original post was not about any of this. if you could please not respond unlesss you have answers to the original post that would be great, im sure you, as a moderator, know the site rules about this. thanks a lot bud.
-Adam
Old 04-19-2007, 10:21 AM

Look here you little snot, I gave you the reasons why you CAN NOT run 660 injectors with the SAFC on the Tib. It's common sense. If you have so much experience with it, then you'd know that. Obviously you don't know how to use the SAFC because it's simple calculations that lead you to this:

660cc - 50% = 330cc simulated

330cc is the lowest setting the SAFC will allow you to run, which is FAR larger than the stock 245cc. You cannot idle the car this way.

Before we can even give you the correction points, you need to find injectors that will work in the first place. Like I said in my previous post, 490cc's or smaller.

As for leaning out the car. Several members here have used it on their turbo setups and have FAILED because it leans out the motor no matter what settings you use. The stock computer is smarter than the SAFC.

Hyundais are not DSM's. Our cars started with 245cc, not 450's.

We have a search feature and stickies for a reason. READ THEM!

Warning given! Don't tell me what to do.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:35 AM

Yea i apologize about all. I realize the safc wont run bigger than 2x the size, so that i apologize about. You are absolutly right.

As far as leaning out, i asked you get an answer there cuz i wasnt understanding where u were coming from.

However, my original question was about NA points. None of this was was answered with your reply so it was pointless, the argument we had is irrelevelant and never would have come up if you would have followed site rules. Im sure you are familair with them, as you are a moderator. If you want to continue giving warning, i could honestly care less because i got one cuz "i told you what to do." well excuse me for bringing rules to your attention...mr. moderator. i believe name calling isnt allowed, and if u have a problem with someone arent you suppiosed to PM them? maybe you should go ahead and re-read those site rules everyone else has no problem following.

the posts i have read indicate that the safc will work our smart ecu until about 8 psi..and i have read the stickies and used javageek's and redzman's diagrams to instal it.

but like i said i apoligize about being mistaken about the 2x injectors working with the safc. i have installed 440cc now. the 1000 cc injectors are runnig on dsms with safc and their stock (talon) injector are roughly 450, and it does work for them.

i still need NA points, like my original posts indicates so for those members who have them available please let me know what you have them at.
-Adam
Old 04-19-2007, 11:57 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

hey home slice !!

stock injectors

i forget which points right now, but

im like at -18 all across the board to 7000

using a wideband A/F guage to monitor the burn.

but you cannt take anyones points and use them.

it varies with everyones setup,

a full intake and exhaust will change your "power band" so you may want NE points more close together in certain areas that you know are pullin hard, and you want corrected more.

generally just space the NA points out evenly to 7000, and only correct the HI

leave the Lo at 0, our ECU computer will correct the SAFC every time, but for some reason it doesnt correct the HI, not for me at least, but some members here will argue that.

Ive been running an SAFC2 for months, daily driver, with no bad results.

I especially notice when it doesnt work, case in piont, the Throttle wire came off my ECU so the SAFC2 didnt know where my TPS was, and when I floored it, I was running pig rich, with a noticable power loss. I pulled over, squeezed the wire tap for teh TPS, and bam, the power at wide open throttle was regained.

oh yea, dont argue with the mods.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:02 PM

Thanks, we based the trial off of javageeks numbers (in his sticky). I do have a full exhaust and instake off the turbo. With the spacing, your basically saying dont have them at -20% here then -2% there right?
Yea i wont be using anyone numbers exactly, just as a baseline or starting point.
Thanks for your help.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:08 PM

Like I said, you have to do the calculations.

440cc - xx% = 245cc

For HI throttle, go to the dyno or get a wideband.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:11 PM

Thanks. I have a wideband comming but we do have a datalogger than the mechanic thinks might be able to give him the same readings or info he could get off a wideband. what do you think?
Old 04-19-2007, 12:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

oh i didnt know you were boosted !!

no way man, get a greddy emanage.

if your naturally aspirated this is a viable option, but for boost, you need to correct Lo settings or idle settings, you cant do that with the stock ECU !!

and by spacing i mean, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3500.

shit, i was like -10, -12, -14, -16, -18, etc etc

but then figured that a steady -number across the board was good enough to keep my A/F at around 13.1 - 13.9