Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Round 5000

Old 05-16-2006, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well after 3 years of being really ticked off and screwed around, real work is finally being done to the car.

here are some new pics of the ecu and msd install at valley european in LA.

with the dash out, the haltech e-11 and the dis-4ho

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing

the dis-4ho on it's bracket, the center consol will hide it when the interior goes back in.

the haltech with a very clean install if i say so myself

a military style 26pair connector was used instead of a rubber grommet through the fire wall. this way if i want to remove the engine, all i have to do is push in, twist and disconnect the main engine harness from the fire wall and i wont have to take anything off the engine itself... wiring wise anyway.

i won't be using stock guages any longer either. when the dash goes back in there will be all auto meter guages with a 8" tach and speedo from auto meter along with boost, egt, oil psi, fuel psi and fuel level.

so it should be pretty much a full race car. no blower motor or air box, no a/c controls or anything. basically a gutted dash.

if anyone knows who does lexan for windows and windshield, let me know because thats next.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:17 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It's great to see you up and moving around again man, how's the health? Can't wait to see this beast fired up.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:09 PM

i am doing really well, the back is awsome. i have a really cool scar to match all the tatts now.

i am in school at wyotech. i will be graduating in about 3 months then back to the work force i go. i am thinking of going to the step program for BMW though and that will be another 7 months of school but well worth the money when i become a master tech for them.

as for the beast firing up, i am really freakin excited. the only thing left is the 4 coils from msd and a little metal fab from where i broke the end tank on the fmic and the hot side charge piping when i off loaded it from the trailer on the mover here.

so as soon as its all welded up and wired in, cross my fingers and turn the hey.

the original e6x was bad on the ignition side. turbotib and i were talking about that because i believe he had a bad e6x also. i went with the e11 just to dodge any more hold ups.

i think i am close to $26,000 including the cost of the car. all i have to say is this freakin thing better fly.

i am getting the 272/300 cams and stiffer springs from australia so we shall see what happens.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Very nice! fing02.gif

QUOTE (djalkyd @ May 17 2006, 12:09 AM)
i am getting the 272/300 cams and stiffer springs from australia so we shall see what happens.

I've been looking for these things. What brand and where from?
Old 05-17-2006, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

rpw can make those mang
Old 05-17-2006, 09:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, theres definately something missing from behind that dash. cool.gif

looking forward to the result.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:17 PM

QUOTE (faithofadragon @ May 17 2006, 12:57 PM)
rpw can make those mang

that is who i am going through. i am waiting to hear back from them so i can get them in the mail.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:25 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

i heard of wyotech, heard they train the hell out of you. good job! looks like something from Johnny 5. just don't let it get miswired like the movie because we all know what happens haha.

wow... so this is a tiburon? post up some more pics of the outside! god i love these kinds of transformations. i'd like to see a wyotech guy do some crazy transform on his tib. it's about time.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:31 PM

yea, wyotech is definately a hard school. i have a little over 4 months to go and my brain is jelly. i cant wait till next month though because my major is chassi fabrication and high horse power engines along with hot rod so i get the put a roll cage in the tib as one project then i get to help out on boxing frames, chopping tops and suicide doors along with custom paint and interior.

i am going to try and lighten the car as much as possible by putting in lexan windows all around and loose some more un-needed metal from the doors, hood and hatch area.

i have some old pics of what was done but now that i am on change 5000, as soon as it is done i will post them up along with dyno results and then shortly after that will be 1/4 mile times.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The 1/4 windows should be very easy to do, yourself.

The door windows, since this is a drag car now, couldn't you just do nets or windowless?