Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Problem With Turbo Adjustment. Help!

Old 09-05-2005, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Well I'm test fitting my manifold and dp and when putting it in found that the compressor was set to point straight ahead and of course won't fit so I decide I'll just do the adjustment and point it straight down... it won't do it!! all i can get is straight forward and straight back due to the acuator getting in the way.

I'm thinking that someone said to just bend the rod going to the acuator but I figured I'd get some advice first.

btw, I've got:

-t3 super 60
-speedfactor log mani
-speedfactor dp

thanks in advance
supercow
Old 09-05-2005, 11:56 PM

I had a similar problem. If you take the middle bolts loose then you can move the compressor...
Old 09-06-2005, 12:31 AM

definitly dont bend your wastegate arm, that will effect the boost pressure's negitively
Old 09-06-2005, 02:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

ah ha! it was random who said to bend it! - http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?s...c=6688&hl=bend

so what do you think...

btw, op, i have taken those bolts off. there are 6 of them. 4 that are on two clips and 2 on the acuator. the problem is that when i move the compressor outlet to point straight down then i can't reattach the acuator because it goes from the very bottom of the turbo to the bottom of the compressor where the outlet now is and the acuator needs to be where the outlet is... I think the cleanest way would be some custom bracket.

dang i figured straight down was the default direction. is this a common problem?

I think i know what it is... tim's log manifold is at an angle and most equal length manifolds are going to be level. It was originally pointing straight forward which would almost be straight down on a egual length mani. I guess I'm going to need to talk to him about it.