Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Con Rods/ Ignition/fuel

Old 09-04-2005, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just need some advice from you turbo guys out there. I am going to run 15-17psi for my autocross project car, but i was wondering if the stock rods would be able to handle it or if i should just get a set of pauter rods? As for the ignition and piggyback(or do i need a standalone?) i have no idea what to do crazy.gif someone please help me!!!

and just for a heads up i contacted quaife and they said they are making a gear type differential for our RD2's (its finishing testing) so we dont have to settle for the lame clutch type diffs anymore
Old 09-04-2005, 09:07 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

15-17 psi with what turbo?

I have been running 15-16 psi on my stock rods no problems so far.

also the quaife lsd's are gear not clutch type lsds.

15-17 psi on our stock computer with a piggyback lmao.gif ..invest in a standalone fing02.gif
Old 09-04-2005, 09:12 PM

QUOTE (Gary @ Sep 5 2005, 03:07 AM)
15-17 psi with what turbo?

I have been running 15-16 psi on my stock rods no problems so far.

also the quaife lsd's are gear not clutch type lsds.

I mapped it out for a Garrett GT 2860RS 60mm, 62 trim, .60 A/R (full boost @17psi by 3K if i can get a divided housing)

So i should be safe running on them even though its goin to be a race only car?

As for the diff being a gear type...thats what i said...i only said we dont have to settle for the clutch type anymore
Old 09-05-2005, 09:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

We've always been able to get the quaife.

For the fueling, look into the Perfect Power PRS4.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:20 PM

ok sounds good...where did you buy your quaife, and the standalone will take care of all the fuel and timing for me or will i have to buy new ignition parts(ex. coils) how long do i have for this gb cuz its a helluva deal
Old 09-06-2005, 05:42 AM

^^^
Think about what you just said and the setup you're running.

MOD EDIT: quote removed
~Dmitry
Old 09-06-2005, 07:59 AM

I didn't think I needed to explain it but........

PRS:
12 wires and we have a base map. That's only a couple more wires than a SAFC. It uses the stock wiring system so it's clean. You can eliminate the MAF sensor. You can do anything with the timing, including revlimiter and governing. Fan control. Boost control. Nitrous control. Antilag. OMGZORZ it goes on and on.

Emanage Dual Rail system:
The same amount of wires. No one has provided a good base map yet. Need to find extra injectors and another fuel rail. Need to weld on injector bungs. Need to weld on the extra fuel rail. Still have the shitty ECU with timing issues. Looks like crap in the engine bay. Never gonna get over 300whp out of it. Still have the MAF sensor. Can't control fans, antilag, nitrous, etc.

It's great that you got it already built as a kit, but not everyone can weld together another fuel rail system.

Price wise they're about the same. I'm betting the PRS is a lot cheaper though.

Try to think about why Tim got rid of that system after a month of running it and got himself a PRS instead.

Obviously instead of researching what is exactly involved in a standalone, you've listened to the ricers that think it's some kind of super computer and impossible to wire yourself.