Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Ported intake mani

Old 02-21-2011, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Elantra
Default Ported intake mani

im in the process of porting my IM and im cutting it open so i can port the inside, just a few questions, when it gets welded back together, are the welds gunna affect the flow as fasr as the backsides of the welds, im cuttin it open with a dremel cut off, cuts like butter but i do it slow so i get a nice straight cut, tryna make it as clean as possible am i doing it right?

good locations for cuts?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 02-21-2011, 06:24 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Looks do able Bro, keep up the good work, and you might wanna source a welder, as welding Cast Alu. Is a bit of a PITA!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Elantra

so the spots im cutting are good locations, i have ocd sorry for all theese questions lol, im prob just gunna bring it somewhere to get it welded shouldnt cost more than 100 buxxx
Old 02-21-2011, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Yea, but sourcing someone welling to weld CAST Alum. will be hard, not every one likes to weld Alum. Espescially cast. I most certainly cant weld Cast for sh*t, but i havent an issue welding Alum. Cast is just a Pita.

But as far as porting the stock Mani, that looks like ti would work out, But I personally wouldnt worry about porting it, i would attempt to smooth it out and polish the inside, but boring it will cahnge your power curve. Also what i would tell you to do is just get an aftermarket throttle body, as the IM isnt really holding you up, but if you can smooth the runners, and also try to smooth the inside of the throttle body, then either bore the stock throttle body, or find one you can make work.