Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Oil pressure sender: turbo and gauge people

Old 06-09-2002, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure sender: turbo and gauge people

I was taking measurements for my downpipe today and was looking at the head. In the middle on a little "rail" above the exhaust manifold there is a hex bolt/plug. At the end of the head(side with the ignition coils), there is the internal hex plug (which many have had a bitch of a time getting out), and right behind that, there is another hex bolt/plug.

My question is: are all of these to high-pressure oil galleys? Could one tap the oil for a turbo, or put a sending unit for a pressure gauge in any of these? I was planning on using the internal hex plug, but with the difficulty of getting it out, I was also looking for other options.

Thanks,
ac
Old 06-09-2002, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

All I have seen have remove the hex plug located at the forwardmost, right hand side.

Reference photo
Old 06-09-2002, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, that's where I have seen most people install it. Although I thought I saw one person (2Uniq?) with the oil for turbo coming from there, and the oil pressure sender coming from a different hole (in the head, not the switch location down below).

ac