Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Ngm's Supercharger Is Done

Old 09-20-2008, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

TC,

what would you expect you would get from your kit if we set boost at 15 psi?

if it would be roughly 225 whp at a baseline of 105 to 115, this would make me a happy camper.

also, alot of of are worried that it will not fit in our engine bays cause there is less room than the gk's or the elantra's . do you know of anyone in your area with a rd1 or rd2 tiburon in your area that a kit can be bolted to to see what the fitment would be like?

thank you
Old 09-20-2008, 09:05 PM

QUOTE (UrS0NvS @ Sep 20 2008, 08:52 PM)
TC,

what would you expect you would get from your kit if we set boost at 15 psi?

if it would be roughly 225 whp at a baseline of 105 to 115, this would make me a happy camper.

also, alot of of are worried that it will not fit in our engine bays cause there is less room than the gk's or the elantra's . do you know of anyone in your area with a rd1 or rd2 tiburon in your area that a kit can be bolted to to see what the fitment would be like?

thank you

Hello,
I am very impressed with the way the engine is responding to the kit. Honestly, we are almost 180whp with 4.5lbs of boost. I honestly think we should see 190-200whp at 7lbs of boost. This is with fuel tuning only. If we go in and start putting some timing to it, its going to be a whole other world. I am doing some more testing with the base kit that I think you all will like. Stay tuned. By the way, I think it will make a lot more power than 225whp at 15lbs of boost.

Thanks T.C.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:11 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

QUOTE (UrS0NvS @ Sep 20 2008, 08:52 PM)
TC,

thank you

what about this question?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:17 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

QUOTE (FullblownTib @ Sep 19 2008, 11:16 AM)
The Mp60 already has a Valve that under vacuum bypasses and I've got a freinds RD at my shop and from what I see Redz might be right about some disassembly bein required to get the A/C relocation braket in and the idler pulley and such and I'll talk to TC tonight and find out if he's already got a handle on the fitment issues near the fire wall cuz I know we were talkin about finding a donor car for this . Stay tuned and I'll see what I see

You guys that keep asking about fitment need to give it a little time I think. Fullblowntib has already pretty much answered the question even tho T.C. did not acknowledge. I would think he's not gonna be so worried about whether it will fit in a RD or not because the potential and just making sure that this thing works well on a GK is what T.C. really needs to be working on right now. Once this thing is completely ready for the GK crowd then T.C. may have some breathing room again and thats when he might try to fit it on a RD. The guys hands have to be pretty full just with the GK R&D that he's doing right now.

For future reference tho, the only one on these boards near T.C. is me and Jorge (Blue RD2). And I'm moving far away this time next week so the just leaves Jorge.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:05 PM

Has anyone found out if this will fit an RD?
Old 12-29-2008, 07:08 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

nope...not that i heard of