Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Ngm's Supercharger Is Done

Old 09-17-2008, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Not really sure if this has been posted yet(cant search this website from a government computer) but the enforcer supercharger is complete.

http://www.hyundaihouseofpower.com/forum/s...read.php?t=4343

The base kit retails for $3495.95

Kit includes:
Eaton MP62 Supercharger (3.5" Pulley)
NGM Fully Fabricated Intake With Intercooler Core
NGM High Flow 70mm Billet Inlet
NGM Billet TB Adaptor for stock throttle body
NGM 6-groove billet drive system ( Includes billet crank pulley, billet outer water pump pulley and billet alternator pulley.)
NGM Billet upper idler bracket and billet idler pulley
NGM Billet lower idler bracket and billet idler pulley
NGM Billet AC relocation bracket
Supercharger belt
Complete stainless mounting hardware
Modified returnless fuel pressure regulator

not too shabby
Old 09-17-2008, 10:05 AM
Banned

not too bad.. the power curve would be very nice on that kit. 170whp and 160ft.lbs isn't bad for 4.5lbs of boost IMO.

i know you can get smaller pulleys, but then you will have to hook up the IC, get fuel tuning, bigger TB, bigger injectors, etc.

but just as i thought.. pretty expensive though, for no tuning, no fuel mods, etc.

to get those numbers listed, you would still need to get FULL exhaust and a CAI, which makes the grand total around 4100$ or more. im sure the kit is high quality, but to get numbers over 200whp, you would need to spend around 5000$ (fuel management, bigger injectors, hook up intercooler)

i can see the GK and XD crowd getting into this, but not so much the RD crowd because of the price per hp.

interested to see some 'extreme' versions of that kit with smaller pulleys, tuning, etc.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:32 AM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

Ya id love to see what this thing can truly do. But is it just me or does the price seem high for the minimal gains? Considering other brands such as jackson racing or vortex are the same price and have higher hp gains on there products. ( i know they dont make for the hyundai crowd) just curious.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:50 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

this is like identical pricing to the V6 applications..
pff.

I'm pissed.

oh and this should be the link to buy:
http://ngmhouseofpower.com/index.php?cPath...6rnca1h3gn3g5c7

once they add the listing. I'm sure it'll be like a month or more from time of payment to delivery though (custom powder coating/fitting/assembly).
Old 09-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Banned

i think its mainly because of the really high quality kit, and all the custom work and R&D that went into making it. (custom pulleys, A/C relocation bracket, manifold, etc.)

vortech kits are really high quality, but a centrifugal setup is easier to do than a roots/screw type charger.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:28 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Great news, but yeah it's a little expensive.. It would have been ok if it included intercooling at least.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Banned

although, it does include the intercooler core, and i am guessing it has the fittings also, so ya would just have to tap the coolant system and get hoses to hook it up.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (hyper25 @ Sep 17 2008, 10:32 AM)
Ya id love to see what this thing can truly do. But is it just me or does the price seem high for the minimal gains? Considering other brands such as jackson racing or vortex are the same price and have higher hp gains on there products. ( i know they dont make for the hyundai crowd) just curious.

Nope, they don't make one for us at all.

This is for a BASE kit folks, no fuel tuning nothing, just the bolt on parts. Not a horrible price to be honest.

I might seriously consider it.

I won't, however, be the first. I honestly don't think it'll fit us. The GK's and XD's have more engine bay space, especially behind the IM and on the side for the pulllies. I think it'll either hit the firewall, or be so close that unless you have solid mounts it'll hit. I also think that the pullies will be too wide for the VERY narrow space we have on that side.

I HOPE not, but after doing the measurements for him on the IM space to begin with, I really think it won't fit.

Which sucks.

BTW, those gains, for a bolt on SC aren't bad at all, remember, the Alpine was a bit cheaper, but would barely hit the same levels with a LOT of extras. P O T E N T I A L.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:30 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

does no one in florida wanna donate their engine bay for a week or so for the greater good? LOL..

Tim should buy a junker RD tib from somewhere in FL and get OUR kits rollin!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

lol if I had the money I would skip school and drive down to florida and sacrifice my car for a week... i'm sure someone down there will do it though.