Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

New Lsd, Not Tru Lsd, But Looks Ok

Old 06-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know i am going to get flamed for this probably, but i was looking thru newtiburon.com for some stuff and came across these .

they kind of resemble the concept of phantom slips but are custom made to each car.

Speedfreak Racing has produced a tranny insert for your Hyundai Tiburon. This is a Limited Slip Differential conversion kit, which installs into your non-LSD differential converting it into a proven and competitive limited slip differential that enhances your traction needs. In cornering and braking, it functions as a disc-type limited slip. In hard acceleration, the SFR LSD insert works as a locker causing both wheels to receive equal power instead of just one wheel spin.

This will change your poor traction open-style differential into a posi-traction powerhouse. This allows both wheels to put power to the ground evenly, instead of just putting the power to a single wheel.

The SFR LSD insert serves two distinctive functions in your street or race vehicle. First, it functions as a disc-type limited slip in cornering and braking. Steel plates exert pressure against spider gears using spring pressure to regulate the amount of slippage at the wheels. Helping to accelerate earlier, while exiting corners at a higher speed.

Under heavy acceleration the SFR LSD insert works as a locker. The two steel plates pivot, locking spiders, causing both wheels to exert equal power to the pavement. This significantly reduces torque steer. With over 150,000 miles of testing, there has been no significant wear of these plates. Although seemingly simple, this design adds a surprising amounth of traction to your vehicle.

All of our units are assembled with blueprinted matched sets of progressive-rate springs to achieve equal load distribution to the disc plates, which dramatically enhances reliability and performance.

Made with tool-steel. Comparable competitors products are made only with mild steel. Tool-steel is approximately 3 times stronger than mild steel.

This unit comes with a full Lifetime Warranty against manufacturer defects. This warranty is valid for both street and race use.

For 5 speed models only.

directly from site..

anyways, they seem to stand behind there product 100%, and have lifetime warranty. supposedly they have one in a 3000GT that has 600hp and runs 10s. and most of the cars that they are installed on are 300-500 hp.

these are also made of tool steel which is nice..

im not saying im going to buy one of these, until i do a lil more research, i wont even consider it, just letting people know whats out there.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:53 AM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Not that I would ever buy one of these, but cost?

I would go quaife or kaaz. But they are probably 4 times the price if not more, lol.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Banned

those are 249.00 i believe..
Old 06-27-2006, 12:16 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

even phantom grip offers a warranty on there stuff

problem is

the warranty doesnt cover teh exploded diff
Old 06-27-2006, 12:28 PM

If you want to do a really good homework.

Check this site and look wich one can fit the RD1

LSD

Of couerse they offer life time warranty for a piece of steel.... but not for a tranny...
Old 06-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Banned

very tru.. i was just posting it for ideas.. the guy who runs the site, says he has em in all his cars, and really stands by em and how much power cars get with using em and they have no problems..

HAH OBX makes LSDs now.. o my, theres gonna be a lotta sorry buyers of that product..

maybe, MAYBE they actually are good, but from OBX products, its a slim bet..

headers= Buzzy, and thin
the turbos they use in there kits= crap
manifolds= crappy welds
Old 06-27-2006, 02:32 PM

Besides...
unless you are 100% into launches and 1/4mile racing, it's not the solution you want. A true limited slip would act also on curves, helping A LOT your traction and dynamic performance. A limited slip simulator that only acts straight is not something you actually want...
Old 06-27-2006, 04:09 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

/\ not that i stand behind this wanna be phantom grip, but it claims it does not lock during the corners, improving cornering, their words not mine...

"First, it functions as a disc-type limited slip in cornering and braking. Steel plates exert pressure against spider gears using spring pressure to regulate the amount of slippage at the wheels. Helping to accelerate earlier, while exiting corners at a higher speed."