Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

1st Boosted Dyno Today

Old 06-21-2006, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well my buddys had a dyno party today and my car was just sitting around. wating to get shiped across Canada and they put my car on (after calling to make sure it was cool if they did) and they told me over the phone the results were 145hp and 188tq at 8 psi. car is blondomatic to BTW. well i cant wate for it to come out to Edmonton so i can tune it with the smt6 im not realy impressed with those numbers but its what i fuigured it would be around.

i will post the videos and dyno sheet as they get sent to me tonight sometime.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:25 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

tuning the smt-6 will give you better numbers believe me wink1.gif

btw, how is the car being transported?
Old 06-21-2006, 07:27 PM

cn rail...and they also did a run with the wide band in the exaust and it had a perfect afr wich realy suprised me with the fuel system im running.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:31 PM

what is your setup?
Old 06-21-2006, 07:34 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

what's your fuel management system right now?

well, if they claim that you afr's are perfect during the dyno run... even with a smt-6 fine tune @ the same boost psi, i dont think you'll wont get much from the current results then
Old 06-21-2006, 07:38 PM

i have no fuel management other then a installed and untuned smt6.....460cc injectors.....talon tsi intank fuel pump and the zex inline booster pump and mallory rrfpr. and i plan on running 12 to 13 psi but not untill i get tunning time....hhow it is now is the way i drove it out of the shop after the install.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:51 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

OK i gotta say some stuff about this...

You say your SMT-6 is untuned but you have 460cc injectors in. If these are replacing your primary injectors (aka not using a dual rail) then your car shouldnt idle very well or have a great low speed off boost tune since your ECU still thinks your using 180cc injectors.

And its very unlikely that your AFR is perfect without any tune on some pretty big injectors on stock ecu. Id like to see the dyno sheet with the corresponding afr, u said u were gonna post it anyway...

IF on the off chance your AFR is great, theres gotta be something wrong with your car man. 8 psi should put you easily over 200whp, viper put down ~260 something on 7 pounds. Granted hes got a standalone, perfect afr, retarded timing, airram, bbtb, ported/polished head, decomp pistons, and a big honkin turbo but that shouldnt yield him an extra 120whp with less boost.

You might want to check your engine for compression, ignition, detonation, air flow, fuel delivery, etc because somethings wrong man...
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 PM

i agree ^^ 145.... thats like a n/a with just cams.. and small stuff. 7 psi should put you near 200 whp
Old 06-23-2006, 07:30 PM

yeah i think somthing is wrong to.....and my car idels fine and runs fine when not boosting wich i thought was realy wierd to when i fisrt got it back from the shop. also im running a small turbo it a IHI from a ford probe gt 2.2ltr sohc which only has 160hp stock so my thinking says im getting higher torque from the pressure but not enough air flow for higher hp. but on the other hand i dynoed my car last summer and had 150hp and 147 tq on the motor and 180hp and 182tq with a 65 dry shot of nitrous so wtf.

and im still wating for the dyno sheet to get email to me but i have the video what should i use to post it?

the video is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLJ5pZ-S7Jw
Old 06-24-2006, 01:11 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I was thinking something is a little messed up when the torque is right around normal but the horsepower is sooo low. If your running a teeny turbo you should get rid of it. get a T3/T4 or just a T3, youll be happy with the spool and the cfm as long as your not madjohn/viper/etc...

Also maybe the turbo is fuxored? im assuming since you said its off of a probe that its used, maybe it cant handle high rpm boost anymore. id say swap the turbo before you tune it...