Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Need Some Help With Alpine

Old 12-15-2007, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few months ago, i ordered the turbo kit from alpine. they send it 2 months later to the netherlands, and when i finally got it installed, there is one part missing. de unichip turbo comp, are 2 parts, a small and a big one, now is the small part the one for the gaseline, i believe, is missing. so i cant drive.
Do u guys know a solution, because alpine says that they send it a month ago, and after that i couldnt reach them. or have someone of u that part and dont use it anymore. i really dont know what to do, and faking the turbo and engine is not something i would do :$ anyone can help me??
i also contacted unichip, but they say that they dont make stuff for the hyundai.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:39 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Now that is funny. Unichip Piggyback is an universal so I do not understand how Unicihip says that they do not make it for Hyundai. You have probably contacted Unichip USA I had some conversations with them and what they do is they take Unichip and preprograme it for specific vehicles. Unfortunatel not for Hyundai.

You should try and contact Unichip in South Africa. There is their headquarters and explain what you need and I am sure they will be able to help you. Only thing is do not try to search for Unichip in google. Enter Dastek they are producing Unichip. Or try to contact nearest Dastek distributor in Europe.

Few links:

UK: http://www.dastek.co.uk/
SOuth Africa: http://www.dastek.co.za/
And this is distributor for Belgium, Netherland and Luxembourg: http://www.dastecnology.com/

Good luck fing02.gif
Old 12-16-2007, 04:50 AM

thanks hive,

i learn everyday wink1.gif i will try that, tomorrow!! i hope they can help me!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:52 AM

i installed the kit today, when i start the engine, the 5th injector keep giving fuel al the time! what is the problem, the piggyback is pre-programmed
Old 01-17-2008, 01:38 PM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

It seems you are having some either mapping problems or maybe even electrical problems (I am not completely home with these) . 5th injector should not work all of the time at all . Anyway I think you should try find help from some Unichip tuning shop
Old 01-17-2008, 04:27 PM

The garage told me to not use the unichip, that i can drive , but not drive like crazy and sprint, he think that the unichip part is wrong programmed. so i have to go to a dyno and a garage that can programe that for me. indeed the 5th inj. only have to work when the turbo starts, not al the time, but when he got any power he start using/giving fuel.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: Elantra XD GT

im sure he messed up a wire somewhere.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:38 PM

why the wires?, isnt the problem that the piggyback isnt programmed, maybe? the wires are checked twice, but a big problem here is that the manual and everything on their webpage is not the same, al diff. kind of colors on each diff, manual ill find.