Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

My Turbo (alex is a genius)

Old 07-12-2007, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

couldnt figure out why my car went lean.
well i was only running on stock fuel rail had wiring wrong
Alex01tib knows what hes talking about.
He came over trouble shooted my car figured everything out.
My car is boosting at like8-9psi runs very good.
Pics coming soon
thank you alex I owe you one man
Old 07-12-2007, 06:14 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

well. what did he figure out?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:16 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Injector clip was off or loose.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:11 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

No this was a seperate problem, the injector clip made it run like garbage for the last couple days but he's referring to the install of his SMT-6 and dual fuel rail;

Ill explain, it may be a little lengthy so if your too lazy to read everything i did to trouble shoot, scroll down to the bottom and ill do a summary.

Bryan installed the SMT-6 and asked me to load my map on to the SMT-6 and then give it a street tune

I came out and loaded my map on to it and drove it around to street tune it and the afr was not getting any richer.

After some trouble shooting i found out that the Map sensor he had was junk, it would work sometimes and (more often) be frozen at .85lbs of boost regardless of whether you were actually at 20 in hg or 10lbs of boost

So i swapped out the junk map with a GM 3 bar map that he happened to have and the new one worked great.

Good, now i went to tune it and the SMT-6 was trying to add fuel but the injectors just werent opening.

So, i tested to make sure the positive was making it to the injectors with a volt meter, and it was getting +12 just fine.

Next, i tested to make sure the injectors worked by making sure they would open given +12v and grounding out the injectors, so with the car running i grounded out the injectors. This, if the injectors work, will open up the injectors adding a considerable amount of fuel, enough fuel to stall the car, which it did. injectors are fine

Then i tested to see if the SMT-6 was adding ANY fuel, so i found the box that the smt-6 pulls info from when the car is idleing and told it to add full fuel for that box, which would pretty much do the exact same thing as grounding out the injectors (adding a S*** load of fuel) and the AFR remained unchanged.

So i knew the problem lied somewhere between the injectors and the SMT-6, so i checked the continuity of the wire from the injector to the SMT6 side of the wire, it was fine.

So i checked the pin the wire was hooked to, wrong wire, hooked it up to the right wire and it was all better,

Pulls like a champ now at almost 10lbs of boost at 12-13:1 afr.

SUMMARY

Bad MAP sensor & wrong grey wire, problems fixed and now car pulls great
Old 07-12-2007, 10:47 PM

isn't 12-13 afr too lean for stock compression ratio?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Well first off 12-13:1 afr is fine on stock compression.

and secondly he's using tigerlilly 8.5:1 pistons so its definatly ok