Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Little White Smoke

Old 06-20-2007, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok test drove car today and seeing white smoke coming from the exhaust.
Its not a whole bunch but enough.
Im running a t3/t4 turbo from vipers kit.
The car was sitting for like 3weeks.
It was brand new turbo.I heard about maby the seals on the turbo when clocking it you could do it,but im hoping not.
Any suggestions?
Also only running like 5psi and when it hits full boost at 5psi it like hitting a wall
like a hose comes off but nothing.
any ideas on that?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:33 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

White smoke means you're burning coolant usually. Check your coolant level.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:37 PM

add the coolant and check the level and add again if needed.
Clocking the turbo doesn't cause the seal failure or anything.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Banned

im thinking cause the car was sitting, maybe condensation..

shouldn't be coolant unless you have blown head gasket..

well, i think someone told you wrong, because you cant run 5 psi on stock injectors and stock pumps. 5 psi is probably way too much for the stock fuel maps, so your probably leaning out (your wall) which is very bad for the car..

you cant just suddendly add positive pressure, 5psi of pressure, with the stock maps.. thats adding a TON of air, and keeping the stock amount of fuel..

seriously, thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard.. we dont have a RRFPR, so the fuel pressure isnt gonna rise with the boost, so fuel pressure stays the same.. without using even an FMU, theres stock amount of fuel, and adding positive pressure, thats ludacris..

ive heard some stupid things, but saying a completely stock ECU tib, with no RRFPR, or no FMU, running 5lbs, being safe with stock injectors... worst advice i have ever heard..

and from what im gathering, you paid two 'shady' members to install this kit for you. and you are set with a car, running on stock management (which they said was OK) and you didnt need your FPR hooked up, at 5 psi of boost..
Old 06-21-2007, 08:02 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

where are you tapping your oil feed from anyway?
Old 06-21-2007, 09:30 AM

Vehicle: Had 96 Elantra Wagon

QUOTE (deestibo @ Jun 20 2007, 09:18 PM)
Ok test drove car today and seeing white smoke coming from the exhaust. <---Like Socks said probably from sitting.
Its not a whole bunch but enough.
Im running a t3/t4 turbo from vipers kit.
The car was sitting for like 3weeks.
It was brand new turbo.I heard about maby the seals on the turbo when clocking it you could do it,but im hoping not. <---Impossible to hurt the "seals" by clocking a turbo, also the "seals" everyone refers to is not what you think it is.
Any suggestions? Smoke could also be too much oil pressure going into the turbo with a poor return line, and could also be poor motor ventilation.
Also only running like 5psi and when it hits full boost at 5psi it like hitting a wall <---Not enough fuel and the motor is seriously leaning out.
like a hose comes off but nothing.
any ideas on that? Bead the piping and use T Bolts.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:43 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

So now your calling me a shady member socks? blow me.

and the smoke is either from the car sitting or from the turbo breaking in.

I told him how i ran 5 pounds with no problem, i told him to take it easy and keep track of the AFR, last i knew the MAF and the IAT wasnt hooked up which i told him to fix.

BUT the key difference between my car and his car was that his isnt a T3/T4, its a 30R with a T3 5 bolt exhaust housing, mine was on a standard issue T3 which would have much different CFM levels and therefore more air.

And hes tapping the feed from the head.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:06 AM

The maf was moved the iat is being hooked up today.Alex that would be evrything hooked up to run it on stock fuel.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:51 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

We told you that you wouldnt have a problem driving it with the wastegate set at 5 lbs, not racing it

You said you needed it to drive, so we told you what to do to get it back to being able to use it.

if you hit some boost, no big deal, but we never said go out and WOT max boost with it, remember us talking about the break in period and to go easy on it?

Bryan did say he would finish your car the right way, he's out of state for right now so, just relax, drive your car normally, which you should be doing anyway to let the turbo break in.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Banned

so basically you shoulda said he could drive it, but not push max boost on it... that woulda been the smart thing to tell him..

its one thing to say, dont boost, and 5 lbs is ok.. maybe you cant comprehend the difference, but im sure most people can..

and with you guys shitty work on the install, and then just leaving... good work ethic fing02.gif