Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Msd Coil Pack

Old 09-10-2006, 04:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of where I can get (if any) an MSD Coil Pack for our motors? I already have an MSD DIS 2, but because of the port and polish job, the MSD can only keep my spark going if I gap it at 0.032. I wanted to open the gap more, but if I do ill start misfiring underboost because the spark is blowing out. Will a MSD coil pack stop this issue? If so, where can I find it?

Thanks,

Derek
Old 09-10-2006, 06:24 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

There is no bolt on plug in MSD coil pack for Tiburons. But It would be pretty easy to make one work if you really wanted to. It would require some brackets, MSD coil pack for say a Eclipse and a new plug wth some modified wiring.

But unless your running 400 HP++++ its not needed.

I am having no trouble at all with spark blowing out and I have been running around on the same spark plugs since March.

Save your money and spend it on something that will help the performance of the car more.... fing02.gif
Old 09-10-2006, 07:08 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Pretty much like Gary said.........
I might be getting a pack as well and the coil pack i will be using is the DIS 8229 made for Mitsu/Dodge..
I have not installed this yet but a little braket to hold it and then just get a 3 wire plug from a Mitsu Ecplise and then connect the wires to the stock one and off you go fing02.gif
I should be running this soon with the 62112 MSD box
Hope this helps
Old 09-10-2006, 07:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

The MSD pack for the mitsus will work, you just need to cut the wires and solder them together because the plug is not the same.

I bought the DIS 4 just so I could run 4 single pole packs instead of 2.

In my case, MSD makes a single post coil (p/n 8230), but I've been told that MSD coils are not very reliable. So I'm most likely going to buy some LS1 coil packs. They're a lot cheaper and put out roughly the same voltage. LS1's are using them well past 1000whp.

You also don't want to get high voltage packs unless you absolutely need to! If you burn too hot, then you'll be replacing spark plugs frequently.

You should not be having blow out problems at your stage of tuning.