Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

MegaSquirt users

Old 11-07-2011, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99 accent gt beta swapped
Default MegaSquirt users

Anybody have a boosted beta with MegaSquirt? How do you like it, and how hard was the programming? I'm strongly thinking about going with it, but dont know too much about it. I have to do more research on it.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

+1 to this. There are actually alot of RD owners on the megasquirt forums, you might want to have a look around there. There are a fair few threads on this forum too, just search 'megasquirt' and spend a couple of hours poking around.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:36 PM

Vehicle: x3

i may be looking into this for spring. i have intentions of running the MS in parallel with the stock computer to retain OBD2 functionality though.

(same reason, 99 x3 beta swapped, it's ok for now but working on boosting it)
Old 12-23-2011, 01:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon Turbo

Do it. Ive been MS'd since 2009 and its the best thing I have ever done. I have base maps to get you started if you go that route let me know some good links in my sig as well.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:14 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

Originally Posted by RedGT
Anybody have a boosted beta with MegaSquirt? How do you like it, and how hard was the programming? I'm strongly thinking about going with it, but dont know too much about it. I have to do more research on it.

Sounds like a pretty confusing situation to me.

I love my MS, it has made my tuning life a lot easier...actually TunerStudio made it easiest but that is just a tiny piece of the MS world. Should the day come that you ever take the plunge be sure to have a competent person assemble the board if you are not 150% capable. DO NOT BUY FROM KFX PERFORMANCE! Their kits are assembled with cheap parts from unskilled people, their customer service sucks the big one, and most importantly you wont know how it was assembled should you ever choose to upgrade (which you will).

Good luck