Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Boost Addicts - Do We Need a 12 Step Program?

Old 12-28-2011, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2K1 Red Tib
Default Boost Addicts - Do We Need a 12 Step Program?

"Hi, my name is <your name here> and I'm a Boost Addict." Group response - Hi <your name here>.

"It's been <not many> days since my last upgrade" (clapping from room) "But yesterday, I caught myself looking at <Hyundai Aftermarket, tuning magazines, vendor sites, etc> for <latest shiny objects>". ("oooh" from room)

"I've done my best to apologize to my <wife, girlfriend, dog> for my addictive behavior, but I can't help myself. I can't give up making mods to my <pet name for your ride>" (murmer of agreement from room) "Some of those DIY ideas are looking pretty good now, even the Home Depot front lip!"

Does this sound like you? Do you say to yourself, "I can stop making upgrades anytime I want", or "Just this last mod and I'm done"? It's time to take the first step and admit your addiction.

Here's a short list of what you can do to help yourself, borrowed from Wikipedia:

1. Admit that one cannot control one's addiction or compulsion (true);

2. Recognizing a higher power that can give strength (SC, turbo, meth, N2O);

3. Examining past errors with the help of a sponsor (this forum);

4. Making amends for these errors (I thought NA bolt-ons would be enough for me...)

5. Learning to live a new life with a new code of behavior (That WRX/Evo/etc isn't gonna know what hit him)

6. Helping others who suffer from the same addictions or compulsions (post pix of your ride and your hp numbers in whatever thread seems on subject).

So you see, you're not alone, there IS help.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

There is a 12 step program for boost addicts. It is the knob on your boost controller. There are 11 settings, each with more speed than the last. The final step is blowing a wad of cash on stronger parts and bigger turbos.

Sorry.