Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Megasquirt

Old 03-28-2006, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi...

Does anyone knows anything about the Megasquirt?? does it works in Hyundai??? any problems or good opinions???? What about installation???

I'm planing to buy the Megasquirt II... but I'm looking for some recommendations...

Thanks..
Old 03-28-2006, 06:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

It's the same principle as the PRS4. If you couldn't get anyone to install that, then you're not gonna get the MegaSquirt to work.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:41 PM

The fact is that the PRS4 nobody here knows how to install it.... it happen the same problem in the ignition...

but the the same mechanic have installed several Megasquirt here in my country.....

With the PRS4 I lost a lot of money.... even I'm selling it on ebay for 400 shipped...

so sad....

I need some fuel managment as soon as possible....
Old 03-28-2006, 12:58 PM

I have a friend W/ a Neon, I dont really talk to him alot but he talks up Megasquirt.
Yeah, thats all I know about that.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

QUOTE (TiburonWao @ Mar 28 2006, 01:41 PM)
The fact is that the PRS4 nobody here knows how to install it.... it happen the same problem in the ignition...

but the the same mechanic have installed several Megasquirt here in my country.....

With the PRS4 I lost a lot of money.... even I'm selling it on ebay for 400 shipped...

so sad....

I need some fuel managment as soon as possible....

It's the fact that the stock ECU has internal ignitors whereas the PRS doesn't, and won't amplify the signal enough to fire the coils. Any experienced shop should know about that. I don't claim to know a lot about it, but it's not something unknown to a true mechanic.

Like I said, if they couldnt install the PRS, then they're not gonna be able to install the Megasquirt either. It will have the same problem with the ignition. And they'll probably be lazy about it and send you home just like last time.

We're trying to figure out a cheap and easy fix for it right now. So if you want to wait, then it's up to you.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:40 PM

good advice John....

I will take a week or two....

I need drag racing.... my feet is gettinh heavier from day to day...
Old 03-28-2006, 08:01 PM

JGTR-
Why not use coils with built in ignitors? Leading Coil Packs off RX7 Turbo's have the ignitor in them (trailing packs do not). That way any Aftermarket ignition system should be able to fire them

Or, buy a Haltech or Motec Ignitor (not cheap) and wire it in. There's only 7-8 wires, so you should be able to use them with a signal from any aftermarket ECU.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:26 PM

the haltech ignitors are 124 bux its pretty cheap