Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Maybe Im Going Turbo?

Old 01-21-2006, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've thought alot about going turbo, and now I finally think I'm gonna do it. I don't want to push that much psi, perhaps only 5-9 at most.

I dont have any knowledge about this, but many of my friends know alot, so Im going to use them for the build prosses. My question is - Which kit is the best for your $, and the one with the least problems? Also, I want a kit that covers mostly what I need, so I dont have to order a bunch of stuff from other places. I probably want I new clutch, but I can get the VHR one on the group-buy. Or do I really need one for not that much psi?
Old 01-21-2006, 02:32 PM

There is really no kit for are tibs yet atleast a bolt up.Best bet is do a custom one.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:25 PM

Yea, also I know the difference between 5 and 9 is not much, but when it comes to boost it is.

You can get a setup that can handle anything 10ish and under.

You could also go with something thatll give you like 5psi and no more.

Anything over 10psi and you gotta start checkin into motor work. I would say do some searches on this site about different types of set-ups and try to build something that can handle at least 10psi, that way you have some room to play with.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

eh the difference between 5&9 should be about 30-40hp... thats alot to me.

watch for my diy's that should be coming soon. I'm about a month or two away from finishing my turbo project. and it's been in planning for about 3 years now.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:24 PM

You better get some information about Turbo on Tibbys.... No other than you will take care of your care....

Good luck man...
fing02.gif fing02.gif

P.S. Boost is addictive... you will want more than that.... nana.gif
Old 01-22-2006, 07:50 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

gthaman
Check your PM
Email me back at uniq74@sympatico.ca if your intrested
Thanks
Old 01-27-2006, 01:49 PM

Alpine Developments offers a 99% Bolt-on non-intercooled kit that sounds like it would fit your needs. The 1% non bolt-on part is tapping either the block or the pan for the oil return. The below link is for the BetaII kit, but everything will work on the BetaI engine, there will be just different injectors included. Even the Unichip program is the same which is to say has been much improved.

Alpine Entry Level Kit
Old 01-29-2006, 12:13 PM

Thanks for the tips. I've been on vacation for a week with no access to a pc, so this is when I saw the replies. The non-intercooled soloution, anyone using this? Is there any downsides to this except the obvious that its non-intercooled and u cant push any major psi? Cause I dont wanna start messing inside the engine... To little knowledge and to few decent mechanics in Norway to help me at a fair price...
Old 01-29-2006, 03:17 PM

I would set up with an intercooler to begin with you dont want to cut corners and either have to redo the setup or detonate when u want more boost.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:44 PM

yeah, the difference between non-ic and ic is about 200 dollars if you do the work yourself and get a cheap ic. (johnnyracecar.com). I was planning on no ic and just doing 5psi, then changed my mind. the other downside is in 6 months when you decide you need and ic you have to reclock your turbo and rechop up your pipe or use new.