Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Make me fast

Old 04-19-2004, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why would i go to the dyno? what kind of tuning would they be able to do?
Old 04-19-2004, 10:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

You go to the dyno to have your car tuned properly, so you don't detonate or anything.

You want to get the most for your money right?
Old 04-19-2004, 10:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

they look at the power curve combined with readings for your oxygen sensor. the o2 sensor will tell if the car is running lean(air to fuel is to high) or rich (air to fuel is to low). you really dont need a dyno to tune your car to a safe A/F ratio, because you could just get a wideband o2 sensor coupled with something to change the amount of air your ecu is seeing.

a dyno however is more accurate. they change the amount of air your ecu sees, according to what makes the most power, keeping it away from being lean.

so basicly, you can tune it yourself to a safe level, but a dyno will do that and squeek out a little more hp.

atleast, thats what i think the deal with this is.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:11 AM

I know that at dyno they can see a really acurate curve of A/F ratio, but how will they be able to change it? My whole question was about, what exactly will they be doing to tune it, get into my ecu? do something with FMU?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2004, 07:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

To get the most power you will actually need three things. Dynometer, Wideband, and an OBD datalogger. The Wideband is the most important as it will help you change your A/F to put you on a safe level. The OBD logger is next as it will determine where your timing and fuel trims are at. The stock ECU is a b**** to tune AGAINST, I stress AGAINST, so this will help you trick it. The Dynometer will help you fine tune your map to squeeze out a little more power.
Any reputable dyno shop will have these, so ask around and make sure you get your moneys worth when you go.
Old 04-20-2004, 11:57 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

yeah, you use something like an safc to change the amount of voltage your ecu sees from your air flow meter, which it uses to see how much fuel you need, right?
Old 04-20-2004, 09:04 PM

QUOTE (JonGTR)
To get the most power you will actually need three things. Dynometer, Wideband, and an OBD datalogger. The Wideband is the most important as it will help you change your A/F to put you on a safe level. The OBD logger is next as it will determine where your timing and fuel trims are at. The stock ECU is a ***** to tune AGAINST, I stress AGAINST, so this will help you trick it. The Dynometer will help you fine tune your map to squeeze out a little more power.
Any reputable dyno shop will have these, so ask around and make sure you get your moneys worth when you go.

So wideband will be making those correction to the ECU, right? and dyno shop sholud have all of that?

thanks
Old 04-21-2004, 08:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

The SAFC makes the correction. The wideband measures the corrections you make. A dyno shop SHOULD have these things, call first and ask how they tune.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:06 AM

well, what if you dont have safc and all you have is FMU? how would they be able to correct anything???
Old 04-21-2004, 04:49 PM

call and ask........ the shop bro, i think jon has answerd alot of the smae question you have asked like 3 times.. then i answerd a question you had after you already got a responce from the man himself( tim at speed-factor). so comeon man...