Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

A lot of people going turbo...

Old 07-22-2002, 05:55 AM
QS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A lot of people going turbo...

So when is there going to be a complete set just to buy.
I dont feel like going out trying to find all the required parts.
The balls are rolling.
-Accents, Tibbys, Elantra, Sonata, Rios, Sephias-
Old 07-22-2002, 05:57 AM

sucks to have a hyundai

wait.... arent you buying a tiburon? wink

Only places to get turbo kits

ballistic
alpine
and RPW
Old 07-22-2002, 05:58 AM

dont forget about us SPectra Owners but a complete kit would be nice
Old 07-22-2002, 07:02 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

If you dont have the knowledge to put a kit together yourself, you should not turbocharge your car. If you are too lazy to piece together a kit, you'll probably be too lazy or cheap to have the *complete* kit installed correctly and tuned right. IN MY OPINION. Get a list of what you want together, then start buying the parts.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:09 AM

yeah because truthfuly getting a turbo isnt all that hard and its more fun and makes your car more unique
Old 07-22-2002, 08:20 AM

If you dont have the knowledge to put a kit together yourself, you should not turbocharge your car.
I don't know how to make a TV but i purchased a 36* already built a few months ago. Everything is fine so fare.
Old 07-22-2002, 08:34 AM

LMAO!!!!!!!
good answer

What he meant though... when you get a turbo, you run into A LOT of bugs and problems

A turbo is not a install tune and go.... your going to face drawbacks

Nobody on this forum has been able to turbo their car with absolutely NO PROBLEMS or drawbacks

Even Red has been set back with his project... and hes probably the smartest hyundai owner on this board.

If you have no clue about turbos.... be prepared to spend A LOT of money, cause shops will take advantage of this.... ive noticed a couple of people on this board that have ran into this problem
Old 07-22-2002, 12:59 PM

I know the biggest issues most people have with turbo'd tiburons is tuning the engine after an install. No one seems to know how to do it right.

AND

short cuts. some kits take too many short cuts. eventually you pay for it. sad.gif

Rich.
Old 07-22-2002, 01:23 PM

JAWS 021:
LMAO!!!!!!!
good answer

Nobody on this forum has been able to turbo their car with absolutely NO PROBLEMS or drawbacks

Even Red has been set back with his project... and hes probably the smartest hyundai owner on this board.

If you have no clue about turbos.... be prepared to spend A LOT of money, cause shops will take advantage of this.... ive noticed a couple of people on this board that have ran into this problem
Would this also be because of the ****ty ecu's that these companies are trying to pass off on us, and noone wants to go out and spend another $1000 on a new ecu when they just spend $500+ trying to tune their current one?
Old 07-22-2002, 02:33 PM

DanielG:
If you dont have the knowledge to put a kit together yourself, you should not turbocharge your car.
I don't know how to make a TV but i purchased a 36* already built a few months ago. Everything is fine so fare.
If you fit cars and turbos into your thinking then go buy a turbocharger car, and everything will be fine.

but turbo charging a non turbo charged car is like converting a black and white tv to color.

do that and let me know in a few months if its all cool smile.gif