Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Jet Chip ecu upgrade kit

Old 09-28-2010, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX Turbo
Default Jet Chip ecu upgrade kit

My Turbo have just recently been installed and my mechanic told me I need to upgrade my ecu, my tibby is running horrible maybe because I still have stock injectors and pump? jet chip is the only ecu upgrade I can find. any info would be really appreciated.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:33 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

HOLY COW! You better put your Flamesuit on....

Short Answer, no they aren't worth it unless you can ship your car to them and have them tune it on a dyno. Second WHY are you running on the stock fuel system with no tuning device? Do you want to blow up your motor? LOL
Old 09-28-2010, 09:42 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

Our ecus don't have the ability to be "flashed". You will have to go piggyback or standalone depending on your states epa laws

Yes that is why your car is running horribly, i really hope your not boosting on the stock fuel system. Fuel system upgrade is one of the first things your put together. You'll need a bigger pump (195 or 255) depending on how much boost your running, an upgraded fpr and mostly likely bigger injectors.

I see that this is your 1st post...welcome and search! smile.gif There is a wealth of knowledge here
Old 09-29-2010, 08:46 AM

QUOTE (SR Tech @ Sep 28 2010, 10:42 AM)
Our ecus don't have the ability to be "flashed". You will have to go piggyback or standalone depending on your states epa laws

Yes that is why your car is running horribly, i really hope your not boosting on the stock fuel system. Fuel system upgrade is one of the first things your put together. You'll need a bigger pump (195 or 255) depending on how much boost your running, an upgraded fpr and mostly likely bigger injectors.

I see that this is your 1st post...welcome and search! smile.gif There is a wealth of knowledge here

Sorry I'm really new to this whole thing, when you mean fuel tuning do you mean upgrading fuel pump, fuel injectors, and fpr? Is there anything else other than these 3? I have already ordered a walbro 255 pump, I have an fpr that was included on my turbo kit but it need major modification on my fuel lines. I want to buy a 520cc injectors but I don't know where to get them coz they don't display by the cc. Sorry again if this is a stupied questions I just don't anything about this.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:31 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

They have the ability to be flashed. We don't know how. There is a reprogram line on it, and it has voltage. Hyundai never released a reflash so we don't have a base to start with. If Hyundai had released a reflash for our cars, we would be able to work with it. Since they did not, it's a shot in the dark and risky. It would be possible to fire random bits of data at the ECU, but that would just be a costly venture.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:46 AM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

To answer your question when most people speak of fuel tuning they talk about some what to adjust how often the fuel injectors pulse to either cut back or supply more fuel. This is how you control larger injectors. Upgrading your fuel pump and regulator is just part of correct fuel tuning controlling how much fuel the ECU injectors into the engine is the other. The other wrinkle is controlling your ignition timing.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:09 PM

I'm getting really frustrated with this fuel tuning stuff i dont know anybody who knows how to install and place where I can get it tuned and the amount of money I need to get this all done! I dont really want to mess around with the tuning I'm still thinking about the jet chip http://www.jetchip.com/faq.asp I just want them to change the programming on my ecu that way it knows that its boosted that all I want.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

That "jet chip" will not work, reference DTN's post above. You can't just tell your ecm "hey I'm boosted now!" cause your MAF sensor is still going to say FU regardless, unless you clamp it. Your gonna have to go with whats been proven to work, we don't really have options.

Unfortunately that's how it is with our cars. Not much aftermarket support (especially turbo related).

There has to be a shop somewhere within 20-30mi of your house that can do this. If not all the info you'll ever need to install and run properly is on this site. There's beta ecu pin out diagrams, there's wiring diagrams for the AEM FIC, and there's also screen shots and base maps floating around for the FIC.

It can all be done by YOU

This is why knowledge is power smile.gif
Old 10-04-2010, 01:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

hell your in crystal lake and you cant find a place to install it?

http://www.aemelectronics.com/dealer_locator.php

i just found 10 or so

AMS PERFORMANCE in west chicago is a AEM factory trained tuner and has a dyno to do the tuning in house

sounds legit to me

cheap out on tuning and it WILL COST YOU
Old 10-04-2010, 02:42 PM

Thank you both for the help I just contacted AMS performance they said they could not do it for Hyundai, P & L Motorsport does he said installation will cost $100/h, how many hours this usually take to install? SR Tech you said I can install this myself but I have no idea at all about car electornics lol. I just spoke with one seller from ebay who sells Aem Fic he told me Aem Fic with Aem Wideband o2 kit for $550 is this a good deal?