Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Its not illegal, its just looked down upon like masturbating on an airplane - Turbo Chat

Old 08-08-2012, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Tiburon
Default Its not illegal, its just looked down upon like masturbating on an airplane - Turbo Chat

So, lets have an ongoing chat about peoples turbo builds.

Who is freshly boosted?

Who is freshly cursed by doing boost? (problems/issues)

Who is planning to boost this year or next?

Who said F it and went back to N/A?

How much boost are you running this year and plan to run next year?

When was the last time someone was shocked to see a boosted Hyundai?

All turbo chat, All Hyundai Aftermarket members...aaaaannddd, GO!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:35 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

awesome topic name

stock boosted........ dueces
Old 08-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Stock turbo right now, but my goal is to hit between 380 and 400 hp by end of next summer with custom tune, new clutch and flywheel, new turbo, and new injectors.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Building my boosted beta right now, no end date in sight.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:24 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Doing a full build with a beta II, hopefully by next spring it'll be in the car. Not aiming for much boost at first, but making damn sure the engine can handle whatever I throw at it. AEM FIC is hooked up and frequently logging regular runs/regular driving. Planning to get enough logs to perhaps eradicate the MAF.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:31 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Im Boosted and had bugs like everyone did, Just silly sh*t, mis fire under load, ended up being wrong plug gap, then had a rev issue due to running wrong firmware on the FIC and wasnt reading crank angle. After those few things it is just life of a boosted car, shorter spans between oil changes, i do plugs every oil change, just like cheap insurance i suppose. Also the trouble of running premo fuel all the time no biggy a couple dollars at the pump, what ever.

I have never had any real problems along the way, just typical wear and tear.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:37 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Originally Posted by nos4atu
Doing a full build with a beta II, hopefully by next spring it'll be in the car. Not aiming for much boost at first, but making damn sure the engine can handle whatever I throw at it. AEM FIC is hooked up and frequently logging regular runs/regular driving. Planning to get enough logs to perhaps eradicate the MAF.

I have zero issues being boosted and running my Maf, only thing i cared to get rid of is the POS IACV! You can tune it out EASY, biggest help to that is a AirRam and R-Side!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:56 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon

Boosted with stock beta2, no issues apart from a 02 cel that I've just been lazy to sort out. Think I need to get a new one cause I extended it instead of extending the car's wire harness. Also because I'm Auto sometimes the car will down shift under slight load due to me triggering open loop at around 3psi - this tends to happen like when I'm coming off a round about and just applied more throttle. I'm running 7-8 psi and was going to turn it up but the track here is shut down so no real reason or motivation to, all that would do is tempt me on the roads and cause more frequent tire changes
Old 08-14-2012, 04:24 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

6 years of boost and still going strong. I am in the process of sorting out a good PCV and vent system because I seem to have a LOT of engine vapors, my valve stem seals may need replacing because last time I checked there was a tiny amount of oil resting on the backs of the intake valves...but im not burning oil.

This season I am running 18psi from a Garrett GT3076r and will be hitting the track this weekend, so vids and slips to follow. Next year the boost will be turned up to 24psi for daily driving.

Learned a lot this year about tuning with Megasquirt and love it more and more each drive
Old 08-14-2012, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: 2012 mitsubishi eclipse spyder gs, 2001 hyundai tiburon

Turboron_99, funny thing about that, I do have the highly coveted pair going onto the build.

However, I am intrigued by the possibility of removing iacv. I'm gonna have to do a search, but if I don't find much, I may be back to pick yer brain.