Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

larger primary injectors

Old 08-13-2012, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon
Default larger primary injectors

To those who can answer this, can someone please confirm for me that putting in 290cc primary injectors in an '05 Tib that there is nothing needed to be done for off boost driving (STFTs)? I'm having a bit of a debate with someone on another forum on this and I'm almost 100% sure there's nothing that needs to be done and that the stock ECU will compensate on it's own for them. Thanks to anyone that can help in confirming this for me.

Edit: I'm pretty sure of this, even for Dave when he did his e85 conversion I'm almost certain he did nothing for changes to STFTs, just for open loop/LTFTs. Thanks again for any help.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 PM

Vehicle: 2003/Hyundai/Tiburon

If your running 91 octane gasoline you will need to trim the fuel out of the 290s in low load cruising and at idle. Otherwise you'll run super rich and foul the plugs. I was able to get away with not touching the fuel trims with the 290s because of the extra fuel required for E85. I did have to trim about 30% out at idle and cruising when I had to run my 91 octane map.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:21 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon

aha! that explains it, I was hoping you'd chime in on this. I knew you said you didn't have to do anything much for yours so the reason for it was because of the e85. I'm actually researching if there's anything I can do to possibly make and run my own e85 or similar, gas prices here is a killer man and their profit margin is just getting worse and worse. Years ago it was pretty much dollar for dollar or a bit more but when the whole gas crisis hit in '08 the price here went stupid high and they don't tend to lower it as much when it lowers in the US but the minute you hear in the news it's rising there there rise it again here and over time. All because we're too complacent residents I guess but now I'm just fed up. Gotta cut down on the gas cost somehow, gas here is still around KYD$5.50 per imperial gallon self serve which works out to about US$5.66 per US gallon when it's still $3.xx per gallon average in the US right now. I'm researching if there's a way I can make the stuff at home for cheap enough or make some other comparable fuel mixture - if that even exists.

Edit: oh by the way I lost you as a contact on GTalk again, tried adding you back for a while now but nothing, also sent you an email on this - not sure if you still have/use you gmail account. PM me on it if you don't mind.