Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Intercooling

Old 06-10-2002, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercooling

Alright currently I have a false CAI (resides in engine bay) and thats about it for cooling transfer, anyway I wanted to know what all is available for my 2001 Autotragic Tiburon, due to the fact that everytime I'm done with even a daily drive and I open my hood it's hot enough to feel upon the smallest crack. I've seen some awesome things for OTHER cars (of course) but so far have not found anything for ours. Anyway I'm going to be getting the Z-3 Fenders and the CF Evo Turbo hood, unfortunately on both the vents are opposite direction of ventalation to have it just sucking through with forward movement, and I doubt that it would be too much of a difference anyway so I'm hoping that I could find some interior modifications that might help.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:17 AM

The evo style hoods are not designed to force air into the car as in a ram-air set-up. They actually are designed to remove heat out of your engine bay. Your car will run much cooler with that hood. That means your air intake temp will drop as well.
Old 06-10-2002, 01:08 AM

THE Z3 FENDERS DO NOTHING TO REMOVE HEAT FROM THE ENGINE BAY. THE INNER FENDER WELL BLOCKS ALL AIR BETWEEN ENGINE COMPARTMENT AND FENDER.
Old 06-10-2002, 11:00 AM

Ah yes I can understand that, thanks for the help.
Old 06-10-2002, 11:29 AM

The idea behind the reverse-vents is that air is sucked up from the ground level, directly over the exhaust manifold, then out, ensuring continuous flow over your exhaust header which is of course the largest source of your engine bay heat. Ram style vents usually don't give the same flow efficiency in the downward direction over the exhaust, their design was originally to stick air into the carb sitting on top of your big block.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:38 PM

Ah sounds logical, so um no one has answered my other question, what else can I do other then the hood and the "CAI"?