Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Im = Injector Help

Old 11-30-2005, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Alright guys, so my turbo setup is pretty much done. Let me tell you though it was a challenge getting it on (ill make a thread about this later.) Now I'm having sort of a dilemma. I plan on running SMT6 and having the distributing company (perfect power) install it on my car and fuel tune and dyno tune it. Now they recommended I use a secondary fuel setup..but I only plan on going up to 10psi and its hard as hell for me to find a manifold I know will fit. My question is, for that amount of psi, should I just put my bigger injectors in (340cc's) on the stock manifold or should I do the secondary fuel setup? Thanks.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:17 PM

Personally i would just go with bigger injectors...340cc should not effect idle to the point of it being a problem
Old 12-01-2005, 10:37 AM

A double fuel setup, will help you a lot on gaining higher HP on higher boost.....

For that kind of boost you can run does injectors.... they will support a lot more....
Old 12-01-2005, 10:53 AM

A secondary fuel setup is the best way to go when running the stock ecu, The problem with running just one set of larger injectors is the ecu still has the abillity to lean them out and it will lean them out no matter what you do. When running a second set of injectors off of a piggy back ecu the factory ecu has no control over them and can't lean them out. The best way to do it would be to keep your stock injectors running off of the stock ecu this way your car will run off the stock tuning when your off boost, use your larger injectors as the second set to run off of your smt6 and all you will have to tune is the second set of injectors while on boost.