Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

I Need A Clutch For My 1.6 Turbo Engine

Old 12-28-2005, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai tiburon 1.6 TURBO

hi, i have installed a turbo in my 1.6 beta I engine and now i need a stronger clutch but i cant find.....

the clutch for 1.8L and 2.0L can´t apply for my engine....

do you know some clutch that is available for my engine? or something to made to adapt the clutch of the 2.0L to my car?

thanks
Old 12-28-2005, 05:44 PM

Hi, that's a difficult question, because the more developed markets for aftermarket parts for Hyundais are Korea (obviously) and USA; and in both locations they don't get the 1.6 Beta engine (your car has a Beta 1.6 engine; not the Accent 1.6 engine which is an Alpha engine).
However, I beleive the clutch from the Alpha engine on the Accents is the same Hyundai used in the Elantras and Coupes with 1.6 Betas, chances are a clutch for a turbo Accent of the same year of your car is what you need.

Ask David at kspec.com, he should know (actually, if you can get the part numbers for the complete clutch for your car from your dealer in spain; it will help him determine if both clutches are compatible).
Old 01-19-2006, 04:43 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai tiburon 1.6 TURBO

but accent alpha with what engine?