Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

How To Save Fuel Map In Fic

Old 12-22-2008, 04:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Hi there I have installed the F/IC on my Tiburon (Euro Spec) and I have the following problem.

Everything works fine I can connect to the F/IC without any problems, change parameteres and make my fuel maps and everything works fine as long as the laptop is connected to the F/IC as soon as I disconnect the laptop F/IC just changes map and values (it isn't even using base map) to some values it finds and everything goes wrong. When I connect laptop again there is no trace of the fuel maps I have made earlier even though it have been saved. How do I save my configured map over base map?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:33 AM

Vehicle: 2005/Hyundai/Tiburon

Are you clicking on the FIC disconnect tab on the toolbar before you disconnect the laptop?

This is what I do to save a new fuel table and disconnect from the FIC.

Click on file on the toolbar.

I get a dropdown menu.

Click save as on the dropdown.

I get a new window to name the file.

Click save after naming the file.

Click ECU on the toolbar.

I get a dropdown.

Click disconnect on that dropdown.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:46 AM

Whole procedure was done exactly as you have written. As soon as we hit disconnect and the laptop disconnects from the FIC you can see and hear that FIC has started some other map because it starts to idle funny. After we reconnect the FIC there is no trace of the maps we have cretaed.

WHat is strange is that FIC does not go back to the base map but instead it gets some map with some "funny" numbers in it and which wasn't saved by us.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Tried giving AEM a call? Generally they have fairly good customer service.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:59 PM

Yeah I know I should call them but they are based in California and that is quite a few time zones away from Croatian time and probably my phone company would charge me quite a lot for the call. I have just sent their tehc help an email and will see what will happen.

I did not have luck with the AEM on the phone so I will try to explain the problem using pics.

Lets say we have a base zeroed out map:

After we enter values we have something like this:

Then we save and disconnect:

After disconnect we open the map we have just saved:

And the new values are totally different to the previous:

You can see that FIC changes all of the inital values to some new ones in the process of saving. Also after we have entered values car was running perfectly on 1.2 bar after we save the map and disconnect from the FIC it runs like crap.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
Thanks to larryinkc finnaly solved the problem today. As it seems problem was caused by user regional and language settings.

Previously, those settings were obstructing to open the base map. I have changed few of them and that did enable us to open the base map and connect to the FIC. But there were two settings (locale setting and keyboard language setting) which I have left untouched and which did cause changes in the fuel map during saving (due to different code page which was set to Croatian).AFter I have changed those two settings to English (United States) everything works fine and as it should.

Tomorrow is a big day live tuning with FIC and 4x646cc injectors can't wait :-D
Old 01-06-2009, 12:51 PM

So how was your big day?
Old 01-06-2009, 01:18 PM

Had some snow overhere and did not have time to test it until yesterday. It works fine. 14.5 AFR in normal driving (local roads, city) 11.0-10.5 under boost. I do get a bit lean while driving on highway (3500 RPM @ 130-140 km/h) but it will get corrected.

There are few problems which I need to address after this first test drive. One being RPM drop issues (if I take away gas and press the clutch RPM's drop drastically and the car stalls). Another one is some funny "jerking" at 3000 RPM and specific gas pedal position. Car just can't get full power AFR is then like 13 then it just goes to 16 it jerks and everything then goes fine, AFR drops to 12.00 and proceeds in boost as normal. As of now we have tried to add or take away fuel but it does not solve that problem.

Another thing I have noticed is that when I just stop AFR is normal and if I continue to idle AFR just slowly goes to reach condition (AFR 11-10.5) as if FIC cannot control large injectors for a long time.

Do you use both tables MAP table and O2 table or just either one of them? I have been using just MAP table and clamped the O2 sensor without using O2 table.

Could you send me your map? I would like to see that method you have used (3 lines for NA and the rest of the lines for boost).
Old 01-06-2009, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: 2005/Hyundai/Tiburon

I am using the MAP fuel table and the O2 modifier and clamping my MAF.

Here's the only screenshot I have, not the current one but pretty close.

On My Tib I ended up usung the bank 2 O2 signal modifier on the post cat O2 sensor also.

http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147903
Old 01-07-2009, 01:57 AM

I have just one O2 sensor so no need to use bank 2 signal modifier.

Larry could you save your map on a PC when connected to the FIC and send it to me. I am not quite sure on how to use O2 signal modifier map.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:29 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Sorry for slightly offtopic: do the O2 signal grounds coincide with the 'sensor ground' (ECU pin 71)? Otherwise I just can't see how the FIC can read/modify the O2 signals with only one + wire per sensor..