Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

How To Save Fuel Map In Fic

Old 01-21-2009, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

I would use an OBDII reader to see what the fuel trims (esp. short term fuel trim) are when that jerk happens. It might be that the ECU for some reason (like some O2 sensor reading) cuts fuel then, and an O2 sensor adjustment rather than a fuel map adjustment might be needed.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:29 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

That might be a good idea. We did not play with the O2 adjustment at all just the Fel Map/Map load. Where do you adjust O2 values? A presume that is done through O2 Map? If the problem is there and the O2 sensor needs to be adjusted do we adjust just that part of the map or do we have to adjust whole O2 map? Any examples (screen shot of the =2 map with values)?

Another problem is that our OBD is not OBD II compliant and cannot be read through any scanner available on the market except scanners which are used by sevice shops (and some wierd Volvo scanners). We have an access to Hyundai Hi-Scan but as of now we are not sure that it can show long term and short term fuel trims. I am gonna give it a try on Saturday.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:05 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

There's an O2 map ("O" button). If you set the O2 sensors mode on "percent" it will alter the voltage by a percent. If it is set to "offset" mode you can add or subtract a certain voltage. The map itself is similar to the fuel map (table of values for Load/RPM pairs).
Old 01-21-2009, 10:46 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I figured out where the O2 table is. But what I do not get is this: do I have to change the value just in that part of the map where the problem happens or do I have to fill out the whole map with values (since 0 is also a value I presume that I can play with just problematic part of the map). If I understood correctly I should change only those fields where I have problems since the zero those not make any changes.

I have no problems in getting the fuel map and other settings done but this part with O2 values and its influence on the Fuel map makes me a bit confused. How do I figure out what voltages are in use at the moment and voltages that I should put in? Is it just "trial and error" or are there any guidelines on O2 sensor adjustments.

O2 map does not influence fuel map? It just corrects values to make ECU happy? Correct?

Dammit it would be so much easier if someone would make a good manual for manipulating sensor values with FIC.

EDIT: I think this answers all of my questions http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,20611.0.html