Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Help With Ecu

Old 05-04-2006, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys like everybody know already i am going to boost my car, what i want to know is if i boost my car i have to change my ecu/pcm right? if i have to where can i get a reflash or a new ecu/pcm for turbo applications.

do i also have to change map sensor or tps sensor?

i saw turbo map sensor available in sharkracing.com.

(off topic where can i get lighter rims and strong has chromes? I have chromes, and i am afraid to damage my transmition.

will add pictures of turbo + car later. cool.gif
Old 05-04-2006, 08:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

NO, if you boost you don't need to change the ECU. What's a PCM???

You can't get your OEM ECU reflashed, one company was working on that for us but they went out of business. As for MAP, you only need to go there if you want to run crazy amounts of boost. No need for small boost levels.

Airborne, a member on these forums, can get you an aftermarket ECU with all the stuff you need from Korea. With THAT one you have to go to MAP.

Why would you ever have to change your TPS sensor? LOL

Sharkracing.com is a joke. Stay way from them. Search the forums here for their name and you'll find out.

http://www.kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=85&ai_id=1570 It's a dollar cheaper, and we don't lie and say we made it like they do.

(off topic where can i get lighter rims and strong has chromes?

What are you asking here? For strong, light, chrome wheels? Not going to happen. Chrome is HEAVY. Not to mention it looks like plain ASS on wheels. Look up some nice lightweight 16's or 15's on ebay since you are wanting to go turbo. You'll hate having heavy ass rims when you want to go faster.

I have chromes, and i am afraid to damage my transmition.

How are chrome wheels going to damage your transmission?
Old 05-04-2006, 08:51 AM

pcm=ecu just that they changed the name for new cars.

what i mean by the rims its i wanna change the chromes, not that i want lighter chrome wheels, i just want the rims to be lighter, and be strong has chromes

about damage transmition: if u put heavy load on the tires lets say i am running around 100 pound just on the front wheels due to my rims and i have a atc stage 2 unsprung clutch wouldnt that could cause a damage on transmition?