Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Greddy Emanage Vs. Smt-6

Old 07-26-2008, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

lookin at a piggy back system.. i know a lot of you swear by the smt-6 but i am hearing a lot of good things by my local tuner buddies about the greddy e manage piece... whats your opinion and does anyone have experience with one on an rd tib.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Banned

i had great success with my emanage, but if you want something that is gonna have alot of support from guys on here, get SMT6. another great benefit to SMT6 is the turbo box and ignition box.

i, personally would recommend the emanage, but if you want ease of having a ton of people to ask questions, go smt6.

ill be here to answer as many questions about the emanage though if you do decide to go with that.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:32 PM

well i know the emanage is $680 but i cant find a price on the smt-6... im not concerned about price cuz i was gonna buy a 1900 dollar aem piece but it does not support the tib. but im curious to the price on smt-6. im still lookin at comparisons to try and figure out which one is gonna be better for me. im more concerned about compatability or problems cuz i hear some piggy back systems dont work with our cars so wel
Old 07-26-2008, 10:30 PM

since maybe I have both, I can help lmao.gif

can I ask what are you planning engine wise? because each has it's own + and -
Old 07-28-2008, 12:13 AM

well my engine knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10 is like a 4. so i will tell you what i can.

garett gt255 turbo. colder injectors, front mount intercooler (not sure on dimension) clutch and flywheel upgrade, and pretty much anything i can do that is one step down from hurting my motor cuz i dont wanna do a rebuild on it just yet. thats a later step.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:55 AM

QUOTE (SOCKS @ Jul 27 2008, 03:14 AM)
i had great success with my emanage, but if you want something that is gonna have alot of support from guys on here, get SMT6. another great benefit to SMT6 is the turbo box and ignition box.

i, personally would recommend the emanage, but if you want ease of having a ton of people to ask questions, go smt6.

ill be here to answer as many questions about the emanage though if you do decide to go with that.

What is ignition box???? hail.gif
Old 07-28-2008, 09:59 AM

???????
Old 07-28-2008, 01:23 PM

another great benefit to SMT6 is the turbo box and ignition box.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:59 AM

QUOTE (tibbymat @ Jul 28 2008, 01:13 AM)
well my engine knowledge on a scale of 1 to 10 is like a 4. so i will tell you what i can.

garett gt255 turbo. colder injectors, front mount intercooler (not sure on dimension) clutch and flywheel upgrade, and pretty much anything i can do that is one step down from hurting my motor cuz i dont wanna do a rebuild on it just yet. thats a later step.

I guess somewhere between 200 to 250whp is ur target right? I guess the SMT-6 will be a better deal on a stock unopened motor as you can retard the timing just to be safe, I guess. and I think it's cheaper too, not sure about this though... and plus, it's easier to install on tiburons and a big plus would be alot of people are very helpful here when it comes to SMT6 + turbo setups on a tib smile.gif

the e-manage requires a bit of tinkering and trial-and-error when it comes to hyundai tiburons because it doesn't have a preset program like the SMT6 has. it requires a certain amount of knowledge and experience to use, but I noticed it provides greater drivability as the resolution of the fuel tables is higher. smile.gif
Old 07-29-2008, 02:45 PM

well im having everything installed at a shop called lightspeed innovations. so installation i am not worried about. my target is around 300hp. the guys at the shop know that and they are gonna do what they deem neccesary to get that done. and i want it to run that safely.. i dont want to compromise my motor. so if anyone has recomendations on what to get done please let me know aswell! fing02.gif