Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

gk ecu swap

Old 09-21-2015, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon
Default gk ecu swap

Is it possible? Could I swap the ecu and wiring harness from a gk to my rd2? I don't care about how much work its gonna be or the expense. If its possible I'm going to do it. Seoulful has a reflash for those ecus so I'm trying to go that route.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Not sure what you're going for here. You have a beta ii swap? If you're just looking at getting the reflash, I'd say you need to research more. Canned tunes are not typically the best. I would seriously consider simply installing a quality piggyback. That will get you way further then a reflash. If you know anyone who can tune, you could go with a stand alone as well.

But throwing money and time in doing a harness swap just to get a half assed canned tune reflash is not a good way to go IMO.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:09 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Anything is possible with money and time. However, is it the right thing to do? Not one bit! It'll be the biggest challenge and pain in the ass project you will ever do, and more than likely will leave you with an undrivable car and a world of frustration. The amount of time and money spent doing it could be better used on something else, like an actual turbo set up with a piggyback, which will give you WAY more power, WAY less of a headache, and be a more efficient.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

It is possible, but not worth the effort. There are different sensors on the motor that would need to be swapped. And the ECU controls more than just the motor.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Originally Posted by Visionz
...with a piggyback, which will give you WAY more power, WAY less of a headache, and be a more efficient.

What did I say on booker?

Piggyback and fahgatabouteet