Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Time to buy a new blow off valve

Old 09-27-2015, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Genesis 2.0 R Spec
Default Time to buy a new blow off valve

Bought a CX Racing blow off valve and it has been fine for about 6 months but now it's fluttering and not doing the standard pppssshhh sound. I put the stock valve back in and it's back to normal. I read some reviews that this tends to happen with the cheaper quality valves like the ones that CX sells. I should have listened to them because now this thing is junk. Probably going to buy either a Forge or Turbo XS next since they are higher quality and less likely to fail or cause flutter. From what I understand, flutter is caused by the spring failing inside of them. This isnt wastegate surge for those who are thinking. It's def BOV flutter for sure.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

HA! I had a CX Racing for my very first BOV. It lasted maybe 3 months at the very most. I have an HKS SSQV now and although it is kind of loud, I'm going to be getting rid of it for a Forge come next spring. Not worrying about it now since the car is going away for the winter in about 2 weeks. But yeah....if it's cheap and too good to be true, then stay away. Chinese brands, ebay specials, and CX Racing BOV's will give you trouble at some point.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I had a Synapse on my Z, and now have it on the Tib. Very well designed product with no ricey noises.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:30 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

+1 on the Synapse, great BOV. Piston pull style, so you shouldn't have any leaks. They claim up to 100 psi! Very responsive as well.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

I've got nothing but good things to say about the tial q I was using.