Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Fuel Problem.. Not Sure If Boost Related..

Old 09-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

reason i am posting here, is because it might be a problem related to boosting, or bigger pump, something of the sort, and i might have better chance getting it diagnosed here..

anyway, here is my problem.. i dont think it has anything to do with me almost overheating the other day, but here it goes..

when i start my car, i get a fuel smell, just fumes, no visible leaks.. after im started up and running, driving around i dont smell a thing, idling, i dont smell anything.. when i shut it off, i get a brief smell of fuel again.. it does this pretty much everytime.. but i cant find any visible leaks..

there was some wetness on the bottom of my fuel tank, but musta been condesation or something, cuz there was no smell to it.. checked all fluids in engine bay, but just water, from rain or w/e that hadnt dried up/evaporated yet.

also, in first gear i can pretty much WOT boost thru redline, and 2-4 at ~5000-5500 rpm, it still drives, but doesnt accelerate good. or even at all sometimes, but doesnt really 'bog' to the point where itll like backfire and go nowhere, just doesnt wanna keep accelerating hard.

i replaced my fuel filter, and fuel pump when i boosted. i was told it might be the charcoal canister. does this really sound like the problem. or maybe not enough fuel pressure? but the fuel smell wouldnt seem like it would correspond with a fuel pressure problem..

anyone have to replace the charcoal canister before? if so, is it easy?
Old 09-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Banned

anyone have ANY ideas.. spark plug gap maybe? something?
Old 09-14-2006, 10:01 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

leaking fuel injector, leaking fuel pressure regulator
i'd check those first since you don't see traces of fuel nowhere and the car is hard to start
Old 09-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Banned

how would i find out if i have a leaky fuel injector.... sad.gif
Old 09-15-2006, 12:36 PM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

fool did you check the top of the tank like i said to do

also what plugs are you useing? u need to use HKS super fire racing pro R50 or greddy racing plugs ISO 10 both are the best you can get and they are cold plugs the heat range is 10 on both of them they are the only plugs i run. they are $$$ but dont b**** they are 200 USD here lmao.gif owned.gif owned.gif

as for a leaking inj look at them and if all 4 have dust and dirt on them your ok if one is very clean around the inj then thats the one that is leaking why because all that gas is washing away all the dirt and oil wink1.gif
Old 09-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Banned

thank you sir.. and ill check all that stuff today.. i didnt check the top of fuel tank yet, cuz i havent smelled anything inside the car.. and the problem has been happening during full boost, so i figured something with leaky hose, inj., fpr, or spark.. checking today.. need to be able to boost again..
Old 09-15-2006, 09:38 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

fuel injector might leak INSIDE the engine
you need to remove the fuel rail and pressurize it
be aware that an injector might pop out and spill fuel everywhere

best thing to do is to bring them to someone who has the equippement to flow/test them

also, check your crank sensor, they often go bad (long cranking)

does your car puff black smoke at startups?
Old 09-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Banned

no black smoke at start ups, and the only time i ever had trouble starting it.. took a few secs, to get it going was after beating the hell outta the car.. never had trouble after that, and i never have noticed black smoke at startup, idle or under acceleration. also, i have had people behind me say theres no color smokes under acceleration, shifting or nething..
Old 09-15-2006, 10:16 PM

shorten that fuel hose that u have and throw some proper ends on there... i betcha thats where its leaking from... normally you cant see fuel leaks especially like your describing, in the hot engine bay the small puddle of fuel will evaporate quite quickly