Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

First Megasquirt Powered Tiburon Ever Is Alive Hahahaha

Old 05-20-2006, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well just started the tiburon today for the first time in 6 months again. This time is is powered completly by a Megasquirt Standalone ecu. I will be working on it again tomarow as I found a coolant leak but after 6hrs of trying to get it running one rogue setting turned up to be the culprit. Long story short the car would start then in 3 seconds die no matter how much fuel I would add or sub. After changing the 1 setting It fired up like usual then kept running for over 5 min WHOOT. Will keep you updated on the progress. Oh by the way for anyone interested in the MS I have less than 400$ in a completly new unit. I also recomend dealing with RSAUTOSPORT as he has treated me extremely well when i had some problems and kept in excellent touch. I will do a writeup on this later but anyway Im off to bed.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

damnit, you beat me to it. ive been reading up on that thing for a good couple months now, and it is awesome. i will be purchasing one for when i get boosted, and using it to only run secondary injectors. you using it for fuel and spark?

etiher way, good shit man.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:34 AM

If i were you i would recomend running it in full standalone mode. I can get you a base map that should get you started if you need.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:57 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

no can do. gotta have emmisions man. and im not swapping it out everytime i need to test the car. i know it wont be utilized to its full potential, but its still cheaper than anything else.