Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Finally Pics Of My 3 Inch Mandrel Bend Exhaust

Old 11-27-2007, 04:50 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Thanks guys !!!
To me the exhaust is worth every penny and if you can see the workmanship up close which im extremely happy with you will no what i mean BUT on the other hand i have NOT installed it to hear what it sounds like but as Jay from SFR mentioned it has a nice low deep tone which im looking for...
If you were to get a custom 3 inch mandrel bend exhaust with muffler at MOST shops your gonna pay anwhere from $700-$900 and to purchase this kit for $850 shipped from SFR is worth .Now of course a got a little better deal which i cant really say but was happy since its the first RD they SOLD and made here nana.gif
Old 11-28-2007, 06:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

It wasn't a one off, they make them all the time.

As for your last post 2uniq, that's BULLSHIT. The Car Guys here in ABQ want $250 for a 2.5 or 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust, you supply your own muffler, and they include a 24 inch resonator.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:35 PM

Redz
Reagarding the one off, im refering to the first one SOLD here in Canada for the RD NOT what was made and sold in Korea
Regarding making a 2.5 or 3 inch mandrel bend exhaust for $250 that better be in Aluminum because in no way thats SS
But even at that price in Aluminum thats cheap.Here in Canada will cost you $400 for mandrel bend Aluminum
Old 11-29-2007, 08:32 AM

Here's an other nice SS exhaust for you guys to look at. wink1.gif

Mendrel bent, "A" grade SS, 3" with catalytic converter and two 14" resonators, ending with a Apexi universal N1 black chrome muffler 3"in / 4,5"out.

You know your exhaust is big when you can fit this inside! lmao.gif

Or this

Old 11-29-2007, 07:15 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

^^^
Pascoile,

that's the same exhaust that denis showed me... but man, it sure looks solid! how much did it cost you in total if you dont mind?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:37 PM

I'm not surprised, since that's the exhaust Denis costum made for my tib when I went turbo last summer. I gave him the pictures I took so he could show others what kind of work he does.

If I remember well, here's how much it cost me:

Apexi muffler : 240$
Catalytic converter : 120$
14" resonnators x2 : 225$
SS flanges x2 : 50$
Band clamps x3 : 30$
*SS straits and 90° : 45$ each (+- 6x = 270$)
Built time +- 8h @ 50$/h : 400$

For a grand total of : 1300$

Lots of money simply for an exhaust, but it's going to outlast the car no worries! I had an MBRP catback SS exhaust before, and even thought it didn't rust, after only 2 years the noise it made was unbareable!!! When I decided to go turbo, the exhaust was one of the first things to come of the car. I wanted something solid and exceptionnal quality, that's exactly what Denis gave me. Suprisingly enough... it's as quiet as the original exhaust system from Hyundai, even if it's 3" straits trough! Great for performance and to keep cops of your back. cool.gif
Old 11-30-2007, 03:10 PM

That is a nice exhaust system which Dennis has built for you but the price is a bit to high!!
Regardless, if your happy with the outcome of the exhaust thats the most important thing fing02.gif
Old 11-30-2007, 04:26 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

QUOTE (REDZMAN @ Nov 28 2007, 07:04 PM)
It wasn't a one off, they make them all the time.

As for your last post 2uniq, that's BULLSHIT. The Car Guys here in ABQ want $250 for a 2.5 or 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust, you supply your own muffler, and they include a 24 inch resonator.

If you can't say anything nice do not say anything at all. drillsergeant.gif
Old 11-30-2007, 09:22 PM

QUOTE (2UNIQ @ Nov 30 2007, 05:10 PM)
That is a nice exhaust system which Dennis has built for you but the price is a bit to high!!

I'm curious to know where you would cut down on the price? Keep in mind I don't work in a shop, I don't have acces to parts directly from a supplyer or to it's prices. The muffler, catalytic converter and the resonnators could be cheaper, it's not impossible, but we're not looking at hundreds of dollars here. I could have used aluminised steal instead of grade "A" SS to save on material as well.

On the fabrication time? Of course, instead of 50$/h I could have found a guy that does it or 25$/h. But like you said, what's most important is that I am happy with the result. I know it's not the cheapest exhaust possible, but the quality is awesome, it's durable, solid and it trully made a difference on the performance. I don't mind paying a bit more to have Denis's crafsmenship to build parts for me.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:29 PM

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

keep in mind that one is basicly a ''cat back'' with out any cat or resonnator and i'm sure it's gonna be kinda noisy
and the other is what i would call a turbo back with converter and resonnator and i can say it's very quiet