Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Ever Heard Of This Piggyback, TurboXS DTECFC?

Old 01-07-2008, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this on a site under universal piggyback... Anyone have anything to say about it?

TurboXS DTECFC
The Data Transfer Engine Console Fuel Computer, yes its a mouthful, is designed to be the best piggyback universal fuel computer on the market. The DTEC itself is a black "brain" box with sensor imputs and outputs. It makes use of a standard off the shelf gameboy SP to control and display information (not included). This unit has more resolution than any other in its class and using the gameboy as a display means you have unmatched screen quality. Included is a shiftlight/knocklight and all the necessary sensors to get you tuning.

http://www.mebperformance.com/

Products - engine management - universal
Old 01-07-2008, 11:29 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sounds cool. Never heard of it though. interesting that it uses a gameboy to tune.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Banned

i think there are a couple piggybacks out right now that use the DS.. although that means that you either have to already have a DS (which most of us probably and hopefully dont) or you have to spend the money on top of the piggyback system for a DS.

ill do a search later to get some real info on this piggy back since that site really doesn't tell you anything about it besides its designed to be the best. im sure all manufacturers design their piggybacks to be the best for what they are.

'This unit has more resolution than any other in its class and using the gameboy as a display means you have unmatched screen quality'

if they are talking about resolution as in pixels, who cares, people don't get a piggyback to have a pretty look to it. they get it to tune their cars.

i wonder what they consider 'ALL' neccesary sensors..

probably doesn't come with a MAP sensor for the boost guys..

again, i would have to look more into it before i say anything good or bad about it.

the concept of the DS is pretty much the same thing as the e-01 programmer that i have in my car, but the e-01 also comes with a center brain that can add even MORE inputs that the emanage blue already can.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:15 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

That site is just a retailer.

Here is the actual MFR's site.

http://www.turboxs.com/more_info.php?ID=192

I've seen a BIT about this one before, don't know what all it can do, so I'll wait for the postings here.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:32 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I looked into it before I got the smt-6. I saw it originally a few years back in scc I think. All I remember now is it was way more than the smt-6 and I have a laptop which is x10 better tuning device than a gameboy. (look at dyno shops, see them using gameboys?)
Old 01-07-2008, 01:44 PM

that came out about two years ago or so. intresting enough, thats for sure.

but for the same price, you could build a full megasquirt set up. and have a full standalone with more to offer then a greddy blue...

more work involved, but then, there's alot more to gain also....
Old 01-14-2012, 01:35 PM

Vehicle: 1999/Hyundai/FX Coupe(Triburon)

Originally Posted by supercow
I looked into it before I got the smt-6. I saw it originally a few years back in scc I think. All I remember now is it was way more than the smt-6 and I have a laptop which is x10 better tuning device than a gameboy. (look at dyno shops, see them using gameboys?)

Hey Supercow, what software do you use on your laptop? I have downloaded a couple of programs but haven't used them yet. Not till the head goes back on,anyway.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Old 01-14-2012, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: 01 tib t3t4

utec was on my friends wrx abt 7 yrs ago but not sure how it would work with hyundais