Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Eaton Supercharger or NOS

Old 01-04-2002, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: FX Coupe
Default Eaton Supercharger or NOS

I was looking into supercharging my 97 tib with the CAPA kit from Australia that they put on accents? What,(if any) internal mods need to be done.

After supercharging i was going to get the ZEX kit for a bit more..

What will be better
Supercharging or NOS

I still want to use my car every day but also want to rip the S### out of other cars i see at the lights.

A unervisal NOS kit is available here in NZ
i want to lower my car to the max and be fast when i want to.Has any one installed nos in their coupe?

Shout out to Tibgirl for her car at performancehyundai.com that is the Shizz!!!!
What front do you have on that?
and those must be 18" rims?

Help
Old 01-04-2002, 08:17 AM
Red

Nos, end of story. If all you want is to slap another car at the stop light and still drive around in it daily, nitrous oxide is your perfect ticket. Spray when you want power, turn it off when you want to drive somewhere and get 100% stock gas mileage.

Superchargers are a guessing game (at absolute best) on the BETA engines; they just don't seem to work well NOR do they produce a lot of power. I've heard of people in Puerto Rico running a staged 150HP shot of nitrous on mostly-stock engines; you'll never get anywhere near that kind of power addition from a blower.

Even a 75 shot is easily doable on stock internals, just a matter of tuning it right and not going through two bottles of nitrous a week.

-Red-
Old 01-04-2002, 01:58 PM

yea after seeing bradley got a measly 20hp out of a s/c i would only go turbo or nos ona tib
Old 01-05-2002, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by Viper966:
yea after seeing bradley got a measly 20hp out of a s/c i would only go turbo or nos ona tib

That is due to alpine's crappy job of installation and tuning. Zorro has the supercharer as well, and is quite happy with it. (granted she had so shell out another $1500 to $2000 to get it installed and fitted right)

[ January 06, 2002: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 01-06-2002, 04:40 PM

Originally posted by Random:
That is due to alpine's crappy job of installation and tuning. Zorro has the supercharer as well, and is quite happy with it. (granted she had so shell out another $1500 to $2000 to get it installed and fitted right)

[ January 06, 2002: Message edited by: Random ]

well yea but another 1500 2 2000 bux shouldnt be needed, when the turbo is easier to get running right
Old 01-07-2002, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Viper966:
well yea but another 1500 2 2000 bux shouldnt be needed, when the turbo is easier to get running right

Yamaneko's supercharger problems are due to horrible tuning on the Uni-Chip.

Zorro's problems were due to problems with the way the supercharger mounts to the Motor mounts. Apparently UK motor mounts are different than USA or South African Motor mounts. (I would assume so as the steering wheel is one the "other" side, but apparently alpine did not take this into consideration).
Old 01-07-2002, 01:55 PM

Vehicle: FX Coupe

Cheers people i'll go NOS end of story!

If any what internals will be needed for NOS?
any examples will be fine..
Old 01-07-2002, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Up to a 65 shot...bone stock will be fine.

Up to a 75 shot, upgrade fuel pump and upgrade fuel pressure regulator would be fine.

Above that, and you will need a specific nitrous control to gently feed the giggle gas into the motor. There are guys in Peurto Rico with nothing but 150 shots, upgraded fuel pump and injectors and a nitrous controler, and an upgraded clutch.

I really depends on how often you plan on using your nitrous, and how big of shot you want to go with.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:56 AM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

Hi all.

I am getting the Unichip tweaked in a couple of weeks so hope to see some improvements. Now the nightmare has ended and the supercharger belts haven't come off in the last 2 weeks, everything seem hunky dory. I can't understand the Yam only got an additional 20bhp. I'm hoping mine will be more, but will see from the dyno in a couple of weeks.

Nice to have the sig back, BTW.

Actually, I've been wondering whether I could do NOS and the s/c?
Old 01-08-2002, 02:07 AM
Red

If you have a supercharger, nitrous works VERY well with it. The reason is this: non-intercooled supercharger kits run very hot, nitrous runs VERY cold. You can use a very small shot of nitrous (like a 35) and get BIG gains because of the cooling effect.

There have been instances on ClubSi where someone running an Eaton M62 at 9psi (Jackson Racing SC for the Civic Si) gets another 45-50 WHEEL horsepower from a 35 shot of nitrous... Sound impossible? It gets a lot more understandable when you take the 220+ degree intake temperatures and suddenly drop them to about 50 degrees because of the nitrous.

-Red-