Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Dsm Turbo Manifold

Old 02-16-2007, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I am told that this manifold can be easily modified to work on our engines, is this true? Anyone have more info on it?

and I did try a search.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

all i know is that you have to drill out a bolt hole or two, or three, or maybe more.

also you will lose power steering, and im sure it will get near the alt.

but all that could have been found searching so i dont know why i posted it. wink1.gif
Old 02-17-2007, 01:42 AM

Don't waste your time with it, you will loose your power steering and you will have to move the alternator to make room for the downpipe. That and you will have to run a mitsu turbo wich can limit you as far as turbo options go, go on ebay and buy the OBX manifokd, it will save you time and it is well worth the $175 they go for.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:27 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra 2000

As said above it'll work but you'll loose the PS and you'll have to drill out 2 bolt hole.

But as far as turbo option goes you're far from limited!!!!

13g
14t
14b
14g
15g
small 16g
big 16g
17c
18t
19t
20g
t25

So, Maxxtib I don't know why you think the choice is limited! lolll
Old 02-17-2007, 09:54 AM

Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

i have the manifold and tried it on my car cause that's the t/c sey-up i'm planning on running. you actually may have to drill pretty much all the holes except one. you'll have to get a thinner radiator fan, not sure on the dp yet i didn't get that far on trying it out but when i get my cousin's stock dp for his tsi i'm trying it out.

what I was trying to do was run a evo 16g or a t28. cause i'm guessing if you want fast spool and not looking for big numbers for power like 350+ it's a good enough street set-up. if you're lucky like me and can get a hold of dsm parts for dirt cheap, i say go for it. case in the end if you don't plan on using it anymore just sell it.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:49 PM

^^ I know there are plenty of turbos that will fit that manifold, it's just most of them won't fit the manifold while it's bolted into the tib due to clearance issues, try running a big 16g in the tib with that manifold and you'll see what I'm talking about, you'll never get a downpipe on it cause it's sits way to far to the pass side, he could go for a small t25 or 13g but it will still be very tight even with the loss of the power steering, unless you wanna run a 2 inch downpipe, if you see where the turbo sits you'll see that the sump of the oil pan is also in the way of the downpipe and your gonna need some good custom exhaust work. I bolted one to my motor and after looking at it for 10 minutes I pulled it off and said the hell with that, to much work to just save 200 dollars, just not worth it unless your gonna do some real ghetto setup.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Banned

so basically dont do it, unless you get an aftermarket OBX style DSM manifold that puts the turbo alot closer to the drivers side, and at that point you would only want a DSM manifold if you planned to run any of the named turbos. for a low boost setup, you may even want and OBX dsm manifold, because you can pick up a 14b for peanuts on the net.

having to lose the power steering to make a low boost setup is BS, dont do it.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

There are several reasons why I blantantly said not to cheap out on your turbo setup in the sticky. In your case, the top two reasons are that you're gonna get a headache trying to "make it fit", and your intent on buying a used DSM turbo is gonna bite you in the ass later on. How do you know that the turbo you're gonna buy won't fail a month after you buy it? The seller can't gaurantee that.

There's no cheap way to build a turbo kit. In the end, they will all cost the same. You'll either pay for a nice kit up front, or you'll slowly pay for it as you bandage up the crappy one you first started with.