Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Delta 2.7L turbo, heres a how to

Old 04-21-2002, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delta 2.7L turbo, heres a how to

I had ordered something from Overboost a couple weeks ago (HID conversion kit) and even though I said no to their news letter I got one anyway.

What interested me though was the 2.5L V6 in the Probe GT. Different engine, different manufactor I know. But same problems as what us owners of the 2.7L Delta have in installing forced induction.

I was crusing around the Probe and MX-6 forums and supposedly they are having weak engine problems as well. Same boat I guess as what Delta owners are having.

http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=115

I know I know Cheuk and Red, don't want to make you guys sound like broken records. But would this be feasible (their setup?). I guess I am sorta looking more to Cheuk since no doubt he has heard the limits of boost possibly on the Delta from Korea? Red I honestly don't know his experiences. Random, too would be great.

So 9psi of boost was 13.8. As you read at the bottom, the reason why not low 13's/high 12's is cause of the crappy 5th gear. Therefore if I were to run 6-7psi should I be ok? That would probally put me in 'zone' I want.

Running at the 9psi they were putting out an estimated 280hp so I am thinking around 300hp with the Tiburon.

Thanx guys, and sorry to keep hasseling. Sure I have my N2O kit sitting in my closet waiting till I get my intake/headers and exhaust + break in. But I would like to get started when I get my headers on a possiblity of a single turbo setup.

There are pictures within that link too. I found it interesting myself not being in and under cars all day.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a pretty detailed write up. I didn't finish it all. But the piping sure is long.

It's just that no one knows the exact strength of the internals other than that they are on the weak side. If someone was willing to try a bolt on system, more power to them... its just that I think that they will be rebuilding the engine from the ground up after the first failure.

The V6 configuration is just a pain in the $ss to install a turbo, but with enough effort and money it can be done.