Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Current supercharger status?

Old 04-05-2002, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current supercharger status?

Ok, guys, i'm searching the posts about supercharges cause i already dropped all this money on a headers and exhaust and I just want a quick nice bolt-on option. Something to get me over 200hp.

I know a few people have superchargers on this forumn, so nows the time to speak up. smile.gif

Whats the best bet for a supercharger right now, that won't cause detonation problems, like alpines had or did they fix that.

I know that the only ones that might be left is a eaton and capa blower. any suggestions/recommendations? I'm looking for a moderate boost (30-40whp) for 1-2grand. and I don't want to run naaaaawwwwwz....yet.

Do the need a new chip or can I run moderate boost and use my s-afc and a new fuel pump?
Old 04-05-2002, 06:35 PM

I know they claim that you are able to run 7psi with no problems. CAPA claimes about 222hp with 7psi. If you want to go any higher, just like a turbo, you will need to upgrade the fuel, drop the Compression, Piggy back the computer, etc...
Old 04-05-2002, 06:37 PM

Sorry, Check with Phantom Racing also.

http://www.phantomracing.net/index.htm/

they are the importers for RPW here in the states. They also make Superchargers for hyundais.

I believe SR will sell RPW things also here soon.
Old 04-06-2002, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I believe..but I'm not sure, that RPW sells the CAPA supercharger, but puts their own twist/customization on it.

Other than that, there's only the Alpine kit.

Zorro had decent results with the kit....once she dropped nearly $2000 on customizing the kit to fit on her right hand drive tibby...
Old 04-07-2002, 04:30 PM

The Eaton Blower I have puts out 212hp at 8 psi.
I got it tuned at Jo-Tech in Texas.
It was running rich with a fifth injector so we took it out and went with a S-AFC.
It Runs great now.

[ April 09, 2002, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: Brainiac ]
Old 04-07-2002, 05:33 PM

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart GSR

Aren't they RHD in SA?

Anyway, I've recently had to pay to get the Unichip re-tuned as the program it came with was actually reducing performance!!

Other problems included getting the pulley to line up, which required a lot of machine shop time.

I'm running at 5psi at the moment and I'm producing 171bhp, which is ****e considering all my other mods (click my car to see the whole list)

The compression is too high to run the boost any higher, so once this is lowered I should be able to run at around 8psi without melting a piston.
Old 04-07-2002, 05:37 PM

Anyway, I've recently had to pay to get the Unichip re-tuned as the program it came with was actually reducing performance!!
Tell me about it! Alpine themselves installed my SC and it literally has made me worse than before. Im a pretty good driver, and the best i can do on this dang thing is like a 16.2.

I hate alpine.
Old 04-07-2002, 07:04 PM

yamaneko:
Im a pretty good driver, and the best i can do on this dang thing is like a 16.2.

I hate alpine.
Come on now,... lets be honest tongue.gif
Old 04-08-2002, 02:29 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

yamaneko:
Tell me about it! Alpine themselves installed my SC and it literally has made me worse than before. Im a pretty good driver, and the best i can do on this dang thing is like a 16.2.

I hate alpine.
Me too...I'm starting to get detonation issues. had I known the Alpine unit was gonna be such garbage, I would of went with something completely different. rolleyes.gif
Old 04-08-2002, 03:02 AM

I'm seriously thinking SC or turbo...who out there has a PERFECT kit in production. And is cost effective. Is building a DIY SC/T reccomended? Or would it be better off getting all the parts, say at onbce from same place? As far as install goes...self install? If not, what would be the average cost to install/tune it. Is there any maintance in a SC/T kit? I was thinking of "DIY kit" but if it only save a little $$$..then the idea of ALL PERFECT/NEW parts is worth it to me. Would make be feel "safer" in the long run. I'm sure these questions have been asked in the past...so feel free to post some url's for me...

Thank You

***Looking to start a DIY kit within a week or so...or NEW within 2 months. Please share all your thoughts on the above questions***