Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Couple intercooler questions.

Old 02-14-2005, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple intercooler questions.

Tried to find info last night, but didn't find all the answers.

What are the advantages of bar and plate style intercooler comparing to fin and tune? I believe that there is better air flow, and maybe better cooling effect? Correct me if I'm wrong.

What would be the best size front mount intercooler for stock rd1 bumper? There is no point of getting and intercooler that's 12" wide because it won't get all the needed air and won't be doing it's job.

Another question. What would be the best thickest intercooler for under 300whp for our cars? I read that the wider the more efficient it is, but you will also increase the temperature as you go wider. Also, how thick can I fit in my rd1 bumper?

thanks a lot guys smile.gif

OP
Old 02-14-2005, 08:09 AM

thanks Tim. One more questions, what would be the good height of the intercooler? 12" is too much for the stock bumper... how about 9"? or 7"?

and how about lenght?
27-31 end tank to end tank?
Old 02-14-2005, 08:22 AM

QUOTE (Speed-Factor)
if you want a perfect fit with no cutting use the deminsions from the extreme kit intercooler. That is the biggest you can go with no cutting.

so anything higher than 7" would require cutting? would it be efficient getting anything bigger? maybe it's worth cutting couple inches off if it will give more cooling effect.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:37 AM

thanks a lot smile.gif