Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Boost Without Tuning?

Old 02-05-2008, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE (Alex01tib @ Feb 5 2008, 09:33 PM)
I don't recommend it, but i will tell you, from experience, not thought experiment, that if the turbo is a t3 or smaller, its most definitely possible, but not responsible.

----------------------------
Perfect Power has SMT-6's but buying used can get you them cheap.

That's what I've heard.

Any ideas on where to find em used? Not too crazy about the $410 price tag they carry on PP's website, although I know thats nothing compared to haltech and others...
Old 02-05-2008, 09:20 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I didnt have the ability to as i only had a boost gauge, I had a wideband at the very end of the term without tuning but i was by myself so i wasn't able to data log, from what i could see while focusing on driving the car went back and forth between 14-15, sounds bad when your thinking about boosting but low boost, intercooled, and 93 it was safe.

On one occasion the signal line fell off and i spiked to 8psi, there was a noticeable drop off in power past 5.

There's a reason why its not responsible, if your car is in less than perfect condition, it may not run right, any number of scenarios explain why. If your injectors are dirty (for example) your car has to add to the trim even without boost, So the amount of fuel your car can spray is drastically reduced.

My car was about as fresh as you can get, 30k at the time, spic and span injectors, filter, maf sensor, Mobil 1 from the start, brand new plugs, the works.

Any fault in your electronics and you risk your whole engine, which is why i said its not responsible, but possible.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:24 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

sleepertib you got PM coming.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:47 AM

QUOTE (Ericy321 @ Feb 6 2008, 10:24 AM)
sleepertib you got PM coming.

Hey that sounds good Ericy. Like I said in the pm i sent you, my tib is MAF based, so what would be involved in turning it into a MAP based car? Is this something I would want to do?? Thanks a lot.