Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Beta2 Alpine Supercharger

Old 02-02-2005, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beta2 Alpine Supercharger

I just wanted to show some of the RD people my dyno graph & some pics..

I am currently only using a set of sonata injectors & a split-second ARC1 fuel tuner....

173 whp & 159 wtq.

I hope to get around 180 when I install the unichip... it has a super duper timing & fuel map that is much better than relying on the OEM NA ecu map...

here is the dyno chart as of now.....

boost = 5 or 6 psi at peek. smile.gif

http://www.nitrousworld.com/ff_images.php

ignore the pcv elbow... it'll be replaced with a custom elbow soon.. the damn radius i need is so tight that they dont sell it anywhere....
Old 02-02-2005, 12:08 PM

Ouch. Only a 40+HP gain. If the kit were like $2k-3k, I could get a used Delta 2.7, drop it in w/tranny, N/A it, and call it a day. Actually, I'd prolly end up spending around $4k-5k. Maybe $6-$7, if you're a n00b and you don't know WTF you're doing, and you let a shop do it.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:12 PM

he needs to put some headers and exhaust if he dont have it to help the flow, thatd prolly net him a good amount hp easily...
Old 02-02-2005, 12:12 PM

QUOTE (ArcticChill)
Ouch. Only a 40+HP gain. If the kit were like $2k-3k, I could get a used Delta 2.7, drop it in w/tranny, N/A it, and call it a day. Actually, I'd prolly end up spending around $4k-5k. Maybe $6-$7, if you're a n00b and you don't know WTF you're doing, and you let a shop do it.

If i'm lucky I should pick up an extra 10 whp after hooking up the unichip..

and the idea of the 2.7 .. thats great in theory but so far only 1 person that I know of has even done anything like that and it was in Korea !

It would be a great pain the a$$ to do a delta swap since you have to do the entire wiring harness and it wont match up exactly to the guages or anything like that... I mean, if someone wanted to get into the 6k range then it might be worth it.. but for me... I am happy where i'm at right now.

QUOTE (BillyDee01Tib)
he needs to put some headers and exhaust if he dont have it to help the flow, thatd prolly net him a good amount hp easily...

i know its silly since some people laugh at this everytime i say it... but i have regular j2 4-2-1 OEM headers with no cats... its nowhere as efficient as an aftermarket 4-2-1 header however it is 10 times better than the oem cast manifold with built-in cat...

i also have a 2 1/4 inch cat-back with a dynomax 3 chamber high flow muffler...
Old 02-02-2005, 12:16 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yah id thought youd get some higher numbers than that..like 200...is that all a supercharged beta can get? BTW that engine looks nice!! soooo clean
Old 02-02-2005, 12:22 PM

ah ok, that seems better i couldnt really tell and i assumed from the heat shield...my fault. I expected more then, if u have a more open exhaust and slightly better headers...oh well im sure its fun as hell.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:28 PM

QUOTE (BillyDee01Tib)
ah ok, that seems better i couldnt really tell and i assumed from the heat shield...my fault. I expected more then, if u have a more open exhaust and slightly better headers...oh well im sure its fun as hell.

well, the wheels just tear up into a ball of smoke as soon as i hit the go pedal !

right now its running really good smile.gif I hope it runs even better after i slap the unichip in there smile.gif

from what alpine tells me, the psi is a bit lower than on their test car since they hit 8 psi with it... alpine says the reason for the lower boost is the fact that i have such low backpressure in the exhaust with no cats and a high flow muffler...

their test car had both cats and the stock can in the back... that help to keep the boost in the cylinders more efficiently..

btw, their test car was one of those new beta2 cvvt powered kias ...
Old 02-02-2005, 12:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Seems to be running well for you. While superchargers aren't the most effective on a I4, they do net decent gains. Mucho praise for going that route.

40whp is 40whp... thats like 25% more than what he had. I call that a decent gain. On a light car, 180WHP can make you get somewhere fast.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:45 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Best of luck ford, but I still don't see this one hitting the 200 HP mark easily, if at all. Damn thats an expensive paperweight.

Doode, get some GT headers.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:52 PM

well, this is one thing Ford and I have in common. I also prefer S/C to turbo, I really prefer the linier powerband that only a supercharger can give you. That said, I am going the other route once I start.. a centrifugal like the one RIPPMODS uses on the delta..