Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Best Turbo

Old 04-12-2007, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im boosting my car what turbos are the best?Im looking for some thing to handle up to 400whp,quick spooling.Any sites to find them?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:40 AM

The best of the best turbo is the one that serves your goal best, such as horsepower, torque, daily driving or racing and so on.

SEARCH! drillsergeant.gif
Old 04-12-2007, 12:02 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra 2000

wow ... I hope you're not doing it by yourself??

Because if you ask that question is the proof you don't know a thing about boost ... as nate said, search, start by learning how boost (turbo ans SC) works, try to get your hands on Corky Bell book (don't remember the name right now), and read a little, you'll have better results then asking on a forum wink1.gif
Old 04-12-2007, 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

getting up in those numbers that you want you will probably find out you will work on your car more than you want to, tis the same account for anything when you are dealing with high upgrades. you push components, more tweaking involved.

I would look for something in a final kit that would be around 275 to 300 (leaning more to 275) in terms of hp. I like fast cars also but with the light curb weight of our cars to begin with it doesn't take big numbers to make them go.

from what i have learned on here myself i probably wouldn't go over 15 psi in terms of boost and try to keep around 250 hp.

telling a person to search all the time gets on my nerves, even though it does need to be done there also comes a time when someone needs to steer a person in the right track. just don't tell a person to search, take a bit of time and find some things for them to read on this site or look into on something else. you might even find something out yourself, not anyone knows everything.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:26 PM

Ok first off I do know what to do when coming to boosting my car was boosted before.I was just wondering others opionions on what kind of turbos they are running.And what ones they like the best.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:00 PM

there is no best turbo, just the best turbo for your spicific install.

persoanlly, any IHI turbo ive been absolutely in love with so far, and they outlast any garrett ive owned.

currently, i have a turbonetics t4 going on my probe, and a HAHN racecraft super 20G going on the tib though. if anything happens to the 20G, ill be swapping to a IHI vf-34
Old 04-12-2007, 03:44 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

garrett gt3071r or 3076r
Old 04-12-2007, 04:04 PM

to support what i said, ^^ that would be a horrible turbo on lawn mower. totally useless. owned.gif

it all depends on the set up
Old 04-20-2007, 10:04 PM

learn to figure out your airflow for your desired boost/rpm range and then plot it on a compressor map (garrett has the most accurate/widest range...turbobygarret.com)...you probably are in the gt-25 or disco potato range if you want the most hp with a good bottom end too

as always read corkey bells MAXIMUM BOOST before you do anything.