Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Best Intercooler Dimensions / Bar Plate...opinions Needed

Old 05-14-2006, 08:56 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok,

I'm starting my turbo build. Already got parts on the way, but I'm having trouble deciding on the size of the intercooler. I want one that will be lage enough for my goals, but I also dont want to snuff out the radiator. What size intercoolers is everyone running. I need overall dimensions if you can. Guestimations will work as well. wink1.gif Goals and anticipated turbo: 240-290 WHP, a small T3 - 45 trim, Airbornes ECU. Let me know if you need more info.

I was also wondering if people could post up some pics of how they laid all the piping. Especially how you got from behind the radiator to the front, then back inside the engine bay to the IM. I'm a little stumped on getting the piping from the turbo to the intercooler and then back into the engine bay. I'll be using a universal piping kit off ebay.

Lastly, what the hell does that black plastic thing that is connected to the bumper and attaches to the radiator support beem?? Its the black piece that goes around the hood release switch. I removed it and it looks to me like its just something that hides the hole between the bumper and the radiator support. It ALSO looks like it doesnt allow air to move as freely towards the top of the radiator. I really want to take it out/off so I can get a little more air to the radiator.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

i was going to go with 20x9x2.75 for my setup with almost identical goals. that will be a guestimation as well.wink1.gif

but then i really liked the rice on this one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMIC-GREDDY...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-14-2006, 06:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

tibby01- where are you gonna get one that size? i've just been checkin out ebay and cant seem to find a small intercooler that will suit my needs.

I was also thinking of possibly getting one of those square looking IC. The ones that are not so wide but quite tall and putting it on the right side in front of the radiator. Has anyone tried this? Would this be detrimental to the radiator or would this setup work?

I know there are other boosted gents and ladies here. Let us know what works and doesn't. wink1.gif wink1.gif wink1.gif
Old 05-22-2006, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

If you're building the setup, please make pic and post up in the DIY section. I'm intrested as well smile.gif