Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

Alpine Developments is here in the states!

Old 08-02-2002, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine Developments is here in the states!

Alpine Developments has just opened (as of July 1st) our new U.S headquarters in the states.

We are located at:

S.A. Alpine Developments, Inc.
7581 Acacia Avenue
Garden Grove, Ca. 92841
Ph (714) 379-8066
Fx (714) 379-8166

My name (and a new member today) is Steve Belanger, and am heading up the sales and marketing here. I can be e-mailed at: sbelanger@alpine-developments.us

I would like to extend an offer to anyone who owns one of our supercharger or turbo kits for the 1.8L/2.0L Tiburon/Elantra a "local" answer for service and customer support. If any of you have experienced any problems, or have questions, please direct them here in this topic (as I will be checking in here daily for questions), or contact us direct.

We are also waiting for our test appointment for CARB certification, and want to be able to send E.O. stickers out to owners that the kit has been certified for (retroactively applied!)

For any 2.7L tibby owners (we think it will fit the Kia Optima too), we are about ready to announce the availability of our new aqua-cooled supercharger package. I'll keep you peeps posted.

Just in case any of you are thinking "who the hell is this guy?", here's a little background on me that might help with my credibility. I've been in the automotive aftermarket for over 25 years. As the factory rep for Blaupunkt in the `70's, built four or five project vehicles for the CES show. In the `early `80's, had my own company customizing cars for dealers in San Diego. Later, designed, engineered, and sold ground effects for Xenon for 7 years. In the early `90's worked for Turbo magazine and Import Tuner for 8 years, moving over to another publishing company and worked on Street Trucks, Drag Racer, and started Import Racer magazines. Finally, the last two years, I was with Speedoptions.com. Hopefully, you can see what I bring to Alpine Developments, and will try to turn around the "current" reputation with a comittment to make sure our customers are happy with our products.

Let me know what we can do to help! Thanks.

[ August 02, 2002, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: ballrub ]
Old 08-02-2002, 04:34 AM

Vehicle: Ex Hyundai Owner

If any of you have experienced any problems, or have questions, please direct them here in this topic (as I will be checking in here daily for questions), or contact us direct.
I see you getting a phone call soon from 1 person in LA... hehehe that has both of those systems tongue.gif

Let me know what we can do to help! Thanks.
You can let me have a free turbo or s/c for a SANTA FE... hehehe j/k tongue.gif

[ August 02, 2002, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Bat Lord ]
Old 08-02-2002, 04:47 AM

Good point Bat! Is alpine looking to fit a S/C ont the Santa FE? That might be intresting.
Old 08-02-2002, 05:05 AM

i read your other post... so current owners WILL receive the CARB approved certification for your kit, pending approval?

On a side note... whats the max PSI the modified alpine/mitsu turbo can handle?

i understand certain parts in the turbo where modified in order for it to spool up faster

Just curious

btw.. look at his profile guys... hes one step ahead
lol

[ August 02, 2002, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: JAWS 021 ]
Old 08-02-2002, 05:06 AM

Ballrub, We dont want to come accross as jerks, however, this kind of activity could be construed as outside advertising: www.teamsr.org/boardrules.shtml No prior permission was aquired from the moderators, so we will close this topic, and ask that you do not post this kind of advertisement here for the time being.

Actually, if you were to ask you most likely would be denied because of how Alpine screwed over Shark Racing and the two cars that we provided for testing purposes. This is nothing against you personally, youre actually a good guy. However, Shark Racing would like to see the previous situation rectified before providing you with free publicity.

Some things in your original post show that you might be moving toward rectifying the situation, but its been going on a year now with no results from Alpine, so we reserve the right to be skeptical.