Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

aem fic

Old 06-18-2011, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon
Default aem fic

i really want to be able to advance timing to get the full potential of e85. Is there something i can you with the aem fic or should i got full stand alone.

so options mega squirt plug and play

( what will be the benefit to building my own besides cost)

i think there are other stand alone people are using what do you think i should do?
Old 06-18-2011, 07:43 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

the fic can only pull timing
Old 06-18-2011, 10:05 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

Yes the fic can only pull timing, but with E85 yes you can run more aggresive timing, but that does mean you need positive timing, right now i am only running 6 degrees up top, and 422 Whp at the wheels. I dont see the need to ever go more timing, cause mine isnt all the conservative anymore.

The Fic should be fine, with less boost, you should still be like around 3-8 degree's pulled to have a safe daily beaten setup, dont wanna go to nuts cause that is when sh*t hits the ground... like pistons, chunks of block, wrist pins....

IMO Run the Fic, take it to a GOOD CREDIABLE tuner, have them tune AFR FIRST, Then Play with timing! Then do a high AFR tweak so you can still cruise at like 15AFR on the insterstate, makes great gas mileage!!!!!