Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

'98 Tib Turbo

Old 07-09-2002, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not a matter of forgetting how stupid one once was--it is being reminded of it that irritates tongue.gif
Old 07-09-2002, 07:20 AM

Hey guys, lay off the newbies ok. I too get sick of repeating the same answer over and over and over. If I was new here, I would have probably done the same thing. But seriously, cut them some slack. Do it for me. And newbies, welcome to the TSR mesaage board. The search database should have all the answers to your question. If by some massive fluke it doesn't, then ask. But something as simple as a turbo, its there.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:52 AM

Well when I was new,... I NEVER asked stupid questions,...
I sat back relax and read A SHIET load!
and DID use the search function
Old 07-09-2002, 10:14 AM

Just get another car w/ better aftermarket support bro. Hyundai Tiburon owners are scarce, and the few that exist don't want to help each other out rolleyes.gif because they feel they're better then the *newbie*. There are a lot of other cars that will give you more bang for the buck w/ less headaches. Just my .02
Old 07-09-2002, 10:51 AM

KayJai:
I sat back relax and read A SHIET load!
and DID use the search function
Ditto smile.gif

JoelL:
Just get another car w/ better aftermarket support bro. Hyundai Tiburon owners are scarce, and the few that exist don't want to help each other out because they feel they're better then the *newbie*. There are a lot of other cars that will give you more bang for the buck w/ less headaches. Just my .02
Well, apparently your .02 ain't worth a penny. We are glad to help each other--but we are dealing with a person who asked half a dozen questions within a couple of hours of registering, all of them flailing wildly towards goals that were pretty much unattainable with the knowledge displayed. Perhaps in the mustang community you encourage each other to blow up your cars. Heck, I probably would too if I had to drive one every day. But around here we feel that it is better to tell someone that they have a dumb idea than to let them hurt themselves.

And while the aftermarket support isn't as large, it is offset by the low initial cost of a very reliable platform from which to build power. Which, by the way, also lets it become better 'bang for the buck' than the majority.

Have a great day!
Old 07-09-2002, 12:11 PM

yea i was a newbie once too and i still consider myself one but i never asked stupid questions i think... tongue.gif these guys are correct for being hard on the newbie thats how i would want it cause i don't want to do stupid crap to my car without proper knowledge

all newbies should atleast check out this site
www.howstuffworks.com

and check out the engines and transportation section
Old 07-09-2002, 01:13 PM

JoelL:
Just get another car w/ better aftermarket support bro. Hyundai Tiburon owners are scarce, and the few that exist don't want to help each other out rolleyes.gif because they feel they're better then the *newbie*. There are a lot of other cars that will give you more bang for the buck w/ less headaches. Just my .02
Think before you type next time. Hyundai tuners are scarce? If hyundai tuners were scarce, there wouldn't be a Team SR, Kore Crew, Hyundai Tuner, Hyundai Owners or Hyundai Performance rolleyes.gif As for after market support

Shark Racing
Kore
HDK
HVE
SpeedState
MHP
APC
Injen
Greddy
AEM
HKS
AOS

Do I need to go on. Seriously, that was the stupidiest comment in this whole thread rolleyes.gif You obviously don't know anything about hyundai. I just wanted to point out the ignorance of your ways. I acomplished that pretty easy. So thats all I have to say on it. Just my .02 cents rolleyes.gif
Old 07-09-2002, 04:41 PM

Hell if I wanted a cheap car for power, I would of gotten a Mustang too,... but YOU'D LOSE on the track,... AND no I don't mean staight line,... any idiot can do that,... point and go,... I mean REAL handling! You know corners? You have seen those right???
DA!
Old 07-09-2002, 05:39 PM
Jon

Hey mach5 nice post i hadnt been to that place before loads of info on just about anything thats a pretty good base to start from.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX - now 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

I think 97Accent handled the situation the right way by directing the new person to the search without tearing his head off. Rookie might not have known about or how to use it. I think an email should be sent out to people immediately following their registration detailing how we have an immense amount of information stored in the archives and how to find it. It will decrease the amount of redundant questions.