Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

50 trim vs 60

Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Veilside Tibby
Default 50 trim vs 60

Plan on boosting the veilside sometime soon. What do you guys think would be a better STREET turbo.

T3/T4 50 trim .63AR

or

T3/T4 60 trim .48AR

They both offer the .48AR and 63AR so would a different combination be better?

How will a smaller trim with a larger AR spool and perform up top as compared to a larger trim with a smaller AR?

I dont want something too small that starts too fall way before my redline but still be very streetable and perform well lower in my RPM range. Is that going to be possible with either? These two options just kind of confuse me as to how they would compare to each other.

Goal i guess would be around 350hp. This is going into a built beta block. I understand i could always go larger and make more and more power but for me... even 350 would be satisfying and probably damn UNstreetable
Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2003 Hyundai Tiburon i4

A .50trim with .48ar turbine will get you to 350whp and give quicker spool than the .63ar. I was and still am running a .63 turbine and it spools when I want it to, meaning that it wont spool up while you are just driving around town.

The .50trim will be more than enough for your goals, I prefer the .63 obviously but the .48 would be fine as well.