Turbo & Supercharge (Forced Induction) Posts regarding Turbochargers, Superchargers and any other method for Forced Induction.

450+whp Daily Driver Build Project

Old 09-19-2005, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

QUOTE (t4turbotiburon @ Sep 17 2005, 10:49 PM)
coustom turbo manifold built by me ( i also sell these 400$ + shipping anyone interested?)

He states what it costs right in the first post..
Old 09-19-2005, 07:10 AM

Damm.... very impressive....

Good luck ith your project....
Old 09-21-2005, 03:57 PM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

Deffinitly good work let us know when its done fing02.gif
Old 09-25-2005, 02:53 AM

Vehicle: tiburon 1998

Where are you know, project wise?

Did you start the body mods?
Old 09-25-2005, 05:45 AM

^^^

I started with the motor i wanted to get that installed before i went to painting as you can scratch and destroy a paint job by putting a motor in. Im working on gettitng the car in its second coat of primer so i may drive it on the streets. I should have that done today if its not raining. I have lots of other little things to get done before she is ready im hoping sometime late this week or early next week.

MOD EDIT: please do not quote the post right above yours, pm sent
Old 09-25-2005, 08:52 AM

Sounds amazing...can't wait to see the finish product
Old 09-25-2005, 12:22 PM

Update pics

IC piping finished 3" from turbo to manifold.

that maf is going soon Either with the greddy ultimate (most likly) or with megasquirt standalone blue emanage combo
New hatch Broke the glass in the other one and i got this one for 150$shipped cheeper than i could get glass installed

Body work is done waiting for a nice day to finish primer
Using Nason 2 part epoxy metal etching primer runs about 100$ gal

downpipe with heat shield dunno how long the alternator will last on it?

Took it out for a quick little run around the block and gave it about 3/4 throttle to see how fast the turbo would spool and round 4500 in 1st it decided to rip the tires loose the wastegate is set at 8psi and it didnt open so im pretty happy with it. It spun a little into 2nd and pulled pretty hard again. Will have some more updates when i get it drivable (legaly)
Old 09-25-2005, 04:33 PM

a couple of things concern me with the setup... im not talking trash, but ive been where you have already

1... umm the dowpipe is going to FRY that alternator... especailly during hard runs... that sheild wont do anything... you need the dowpipe ceramic coated and than ur gonna need to put a fireproof heat blanket on the alternator...

mine dies once a year and my downpipe is 1.5" away from the alternator.....

2. 3" piping... while it may look cool thats an awful alot of volume to fill up and refill after u have emptied it when ur bov opens up.... between that piping and the intercooler i hope ur prepared to have the car be an on off switch of power

3... without the standalone i dont think ur gonna be able to hit 450 WHP... its just not going to happen.... the MAF wont touch it, its gonna max out @ 300 with good tuning ( i knokw this personally)

4... that intake manifold is not going to be able to flow enought air to hit ur mark i dont htink... it just doesnt look very well designed for a high power car... ur gonna need some velocity stacks and a sloped runner design to make sure each cyl gets equal fuel/air

5... u didnt say anything about the head... unless u port the shit outta the stock head and do some big cams ull hit a air wall at about 330 whp (again from experience)
ull watch your HP/psi go from about 15/psi up to about 14psi down to about 4-5 hp/psi when u get into the upper 20's... it just cant flow enough VOLUME of air to get it all in and out efficently

But i am impressed with the fab work

ill see u in the psring for the power wars
Old 09-25-2005, 06:55 PM

1st thing yes i know the dp is very close to the alt i have been thinking of a way to deal with it, I did have a setup with the dp almost as close for over a year with no troubles i belive some header wrap or a sheild to the alt will do just fine.

2nd 3" pipe yes it is a little over kill but 2.5 is undersize for what i need. and i have had good luck with 3" in the past. The turbo hits full boost around 3750 dont think thats to out of range

3rd I already said i will be switching soon. even at that fact teh greddy should be able to support more than the stock maf can handle due to the map sensor addition it can read up to 3bar (it adds fuel directly via the additional injectors) Read into the emanage before you say it cant.

4th each runner in the intake manifold is very closely matched in length and the manifold is portmatched to the head. This was also just a thrown together manifold as i didnt have a stocker laying around to use. I will most likely go to a quad throttle body setup later i just need the car runnign for now. or a short ram big plennum.

5th the head is very well ported and polished like i said its matched to the intake manifold and gasket. It has been knife edged and polished with 240 grit to get a good what i call ball bearing effect of the air flow into the combustion chamber. I dont have cams but was looking into it i havent decided if i want to have a coustom regrind or go with way overpriced kspec or others. Cam gears will also be a deffinit. I have looked for springs to support cams and higher rpm but there dosnt seem to be any manufactures out there and i cant find somthing to cross over so for now i will wait.